How to resend verification email to the registered user?

Muhammad Aaqil

Oct 16, 2017, 10:12:29 AM10/16/17
to LoopbackJS
Hello everyone, I have been trying to implement the resend verification email to the user who hasn't verified the email and the verification link is somehow expired or the user didn't receive the email, how can I implement this?

naqash....@iiu.edu.pk

Oct 23, 2017, 3:23:33 PM10/23/17
to LoopbackJS
hello aaqil,i think there is remote method with name of verify through which you can resend email

Muhammad Aaqil

Oct 24, 2017, 3:27:31 AM10/24/17
to LoopbackJS
Can you tell me with some details how would I use the verify method for resending the verification email? verify method requires the object of that particular user to whom I want to send the verification email and how I'll get that object after sending the verification link for the first time?

Jackson Vaughan

Oct 31, 2017, 3:01:51 PM10/31/17
to LoopbackJS
Hi Muhammad, I was trying to figure out the same thing. This might be helpful:

https://github.com/strongloop/loopback/issues/3303

I also couldn't find a more detailed description of HOW you would open that method up to a user that is not authenticated. If you figure out an answer, please let me know!

Muhammad Aaqil

Nov 4, 2017, 12:55:35 PM11/4/17
to LoopbackJS
You can use the verify function, again and again, as much you need to send a verification email, what it needs is the ID of that particular record or object. When a user tries to log in without verifying the email, loopback returns ID of that particular user, you can use that ID to resend verification email.