Deploying to Heroku with LoopBack buildpack overwrites my changes to LB

Akram Shehadi

Jun 22, 2016, 12:38:19 PM6/22/16
to LoopbackJS
Hello,

I'm deploying my LoopBack project in Heroku using the buildpack in:

However I have a few changes I made to the LoopBack User model (specifically, I changed the ACLs to deny access to User creation by $everyone) and when I deploy it in Heroku those changes are overwritten.

My guess is that when deploying in Heroku, my changes are put first and then the buildpack is installed so any changes are overwritten.

Is there any way I can make changes to the LoopBack source code and deploy them to Heroku?

Do I have to create my own buildpack with my changes? any recommended resources on how to create a buildpack?

Thanks!
Akram

Akram Shehadi

Jun 24, 2016, 11:31:18 PM6/24/16
to LoopbackJS
Any ideas?

I'm guessing I can't be the only one that has tried to make changes to the LoopBack code and then deploy to Heroku.

Pointers on how to create/modify my own buildpack would be helpful as well.

My own rough estimate is that I would need to clone pretty much everything and then create a buildpack that points to my own repo where it would pull packages from. But this probably means I need a lot of work setting up something that would mimic npm and such?