Upgrading from v2.x to v3.x

Tian Permana

Jul 18, 2016, 2:52:53 AM7/18/16
to LoopbackJS
Hi guys,

We have a Loopback (v2.x) based API deployed in production and we plan to upgrade to the latest version v3.x. Is there any upgrade notes or deprecates notes we can follow?

Thanks.

Rand McKinney

Jul 18, 2016, 4:02:23 PM7/18/16
to LoopbackJS
The actual 3.0 release is still some time out (I am not in a position to say when, but my guess would be several weeks up to a few months).  We don't have any kind of upgrade guide yet, but the LoopBack 3.0 blog post describes the high-level changes, and you can check the 3.0-RELEASE-NOTES.md for some additional updates since the blog was written.

Upgrade timing is certainly up to you, but in general I would recommend waiting some time to upgrade a production app until a new release has had some time to "bake" to ensure all the bugs and wrinkles are shaken out (this goes for ANYTHING, not just LoopBack).

But it's never to early to start thinking about it, and understanding what will it will entail--I commend you for planning ahead!

Rand

Tian Permana

Jul 19, 2016, 3:03:01 AM7/19/16
to LoopbackJS