using loopback auth on custom middleware routes

Jason Broughton

Oct 14, 2016, 2:24:48 PM10/14/16
to LoopbackJS
Good Day

I am working on a new version on an api using loopback. I am going to create some middleware with custom routes for all of the legacy endpoints. I want to invoke the built in authentication on these routes and im basically just calling some model methods and returning the data formatted for the legacy users. Is there any way to set authentication on these routes or do i have to make some custom middleware to do something similar to the built in authentication handler?

Thanks
Jason