Aggregate Functions

Paul Sutherland

Apr 23, 2015, 9:29:03 AM4/23/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to know what the community use, or would recommend as good practise, within their projects for instances where they require aggregate functions to process data. My use case is I have a large data set, say 30,000 transactions of suppler orders, invoices payments etc and I would like to summarise the data for reporting. For example, how much the order values were for a group of, or all, suppliers for the past 6mths.

So it would be a case of querying the data to return the desired records, which I am fine with, but summing, counting pivoting the data is what I would like to do.

Mongo has Aggregations build in and I was wondering if there was similar functionality in Strongloop or if there are techniques that are commonly used to achieve similar results.

Cheers…

Paul