Third-party login using Passport from other client with SDK

杨弘宾

Oct 21, 2016, 5:08:16 AM10/21/16
to LoopbackJS
Hi,
   I am trying to use third-party login referring to the document. But different from the example, the steps 1-5 is performed in other client instead of the website and loopback should finish the remaining 3 steps. So I don't think the example is still helpful enough and is the loopback-component-passport still necessary?

Firstly, I am doubting the difference between the two models, UserIdentity and UserCredential. Since they are the same in structure and the workflows of login and linking are almost the same. Why using the two models instead of one?

The main question is: should I still use the component-passort or do it myself. Instead of using facebook/google/twitter, I have to use chinese third-party institute such QQ and WeChat. The api may mot be compatible with the component?