third party login with Azure AD

Sonia PASCAL

Jul 3, 2016, 4:11:08 AM7/3/16
to LoopbackJS
Hi,
On the documentation, There are two examples to authentificate with Google and Facebook.
But, does anyone have an use case with azure AD as third party ? Could you share it with me ?

Thanks a lot , Sonia

Caner ERCE

Aug 25, 2016, 6:40:28 AM8/25/16
to LoopbackJS
Hi,

Does anyone have opinion or example about topic? I have to use AZURE AD in my project and i couldn't make it.

@Sonia did achieve it?

Thanks, Caner

Alex Megalokonomos

Aug 25, 2016, 6:58:20 AM8/25/16
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
In theory, after installing loopback-component-passport,

and add an entry in providers.json corresponding to the required strategy settings:

e.g. For OIDC something like:

"oidc-azure": {
    "provider": "azure",
    "module": "passport-azure-ad",
    "strategy": "OIDCStrategy",
    "clientID": "{oidc-client-id-1}",
    "clientSecret": "{oidc-client-secret-1}",
    "callbackURL": "{returnurl}",
    "realm": "{realm}",
    "oidcIssuer": "{issuer}",
    "identityMetadata": "{metadata}",
    "responseType": "{response-mode}",
    "responseMode": "{response-mode}",
    "skipUserProfile": "{skip-user-profile-setting}"
  },

Not tested in the slightest but it's how it should work