User Management with LoopBack

prasanna kankanalapalli

Dec 1, 2016, 5:23:02 AM12/1/16
to LoopbackJS
Hi,

I have two queries related to UserManagement with LoopBack.

1. Can we have custom user management wrappers inherited from LoopBack user model. If yes are there any samples for that.
2. The default user model of LoopBack is bound with in memory persistence model. Can we changes it to other datasources.

Thanks

prasanna kankanalapalli

Dec 6, 2016, 5:03:32 AM12/6/16
to LoopbackJS
Hi,

Can I have any information.

Thanks

sim...@ca.ibm.com

Dec 7, 2016, 4:55:53 PM12/7/16
to LoopbackJS

prasanna kankanalapalli

Dec 13, 2016, 1:36:30 AM12/13/16
to LoopbackJS
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the sample. Can you please confirm on the query 2 , which is " does default user model of LoopBack or extended user model supports persistence with other data sources. The examples refereed related to User Management holds  memory persistence model."

Thanks

sim...@ca.ibm.com

Dec 13, 2016, 2:09:49 AM12/13/16
to LoopbackJS
Yes, you can use the default user model with other data sources even though the example only users the in-memory connector. Just switch up the data source/model configs like we do in the getting started example, see https://github.com/strongloop/loopback-getting-started/blob/master/server/datasources.json#L6.