NoCo Maker Faire Coordination Thread

Scott Converse

Sep 24, 2013, 6:23:38 PM9/24/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com
Please post if you're going to help us with the NoCo Maker Faire on October 5th.

Help means:
  • - Show up and work the booth (hand out flyers, talk up TinkerMill, etc.)
  • - Or it means running a project (the 3d Printer will be there, the foundry Lee's built, other project(s)?.

Ron Thomas (ronald...@gmail.comis the overall coordinator for this and he will be nailing down the whos/whats/where over the next week and a half.

Lee Sutherland

Sep 25, 2013, 7:08:55 PM9/25/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com
I need to complete the foundry safety plan. I would like two to three volunteers to help out as well manning a booth, doing demonstrations.

-Lee

Scott Converse

Sep 26, 2013, 2:19:45 PM9/26/13
to Lee Sutherland, longmonthackerspace
Want me to send out an email blast to the entire group?

Scott G. Converse

Ron Thomas

Sep 26, 2013, 4:42:47 PM9/26/13
to Scott Converse, Lee Sutherland, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
That would be great, thanks!

Ron Thomas

Sep 26, 2013, 5:08:47 PM9/26/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody,
Sorry for the delay, folks. Thanks, Scott for pushing this.

According to my notes, we have considered the following projects for presentation at the Maker Faire. If you're at all involved with any of these projects, can you please check in and provide us with an update? Are you prepared to present your project at the faire? What else do you need to complete or present it?

    - CPU Cooler - Jordan
    - Spot Welder - Doug
    - Siri Home Automation - Jim
    - Aluminum Foundry - Lee
    - Anyone I missed?

People without projects: We desperately need volunteers! In addition to the load-in on Friday afternoon and tear-down on Saturday evening, we need to provide sufficient staff for TWO locations for the entire duration of the event (10:00 am to 6:00 pm). Please let me know if you can help with staffing the booth or assisting with any projects.

I've missed the last two Tuesday meetings, but I'd like us to reconnect at the next one and have a final Maker-Faire-specific catch-up on Wednesday evening (I've just sent a MeetUp invitation).

Thanks,
Ron Thomas
(720) 352-8743

NoCo Maker Manual 220913.pdf

Jordan Johnson

Sep 26, 2013, 6:13:26 PM9/26/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com
I am no longer on the CPU cooler. I will be bringing our 3D printer though. Arriving at Tinkermill at 8am to start tear down. Leave around 8:45. Get to the Agilent Tech campus at 9:00-9:15 to begin setup.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/longmonthackerspace.

Ron Thomas

Sep 26, 2013, 6:15:39 PM9/26/13
to Jordan Johnson, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
On Friday? I don't think we can get in until 10:00, so no need to be there that early.

>Arriving at Tinkermill at 8am to start tear down. Leave around 8:45. Get to the Agilent Tech campus at 9:00-9:15 to begin setup.

Jordan Johnson

Sep 26, 2013, 6:17:09 PM9/26/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com
And I guess I didn't realize that load in in required to be Friday or earlier Saturday morning. Can we prearrange to do a load in on Saturday morning? I can have everything torn down Friday night and then just arrive at 8am to set up.

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:08:47 PM UTC-6, Ron Thomas wrote:

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/longmonthackerspace.

Ron Thomas

Sep 26, 2013, 6:19:19 PM9/26/13
to Jordan Johnson, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
Is there any chance at all that you can do Friday?

We haven't pre-arranged for Saturday morning load-in, but I can certainly ask. No promises, though.

Karl Niemann

Sep 26, 2013, 7:13:51 PM9/26/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com

I am planning 2 projects.
1) Arduino Distributed Drum
2)Makey Makey Carrot piano

How much Space do we have ? I am assuming one space is outside for the Foundry does it have electricity ?
How Much electricity do we have ?
How many Chairs are provided ?
Is there room for signage ?

Karl Niemann

Sep 27, 2013, 11:53:31 AM9/27/13
to Ron Thomas, Chrissy Delk, Doug Hines, Karl Niemann, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
Chrissy and Doug should be able to help with promotional materials.

Scott G. Converse

Jordan Johnson

Sep 27, 2013, 1:17:44 PM9/27/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com, Karl Niemann
I can set things up on Friday. If we can get someone to bring an extra table or two +chairs from Tinkermill, that would be great. I can't, because my car is small.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/longmonthackerspace.

Doug Hines

Sep 28, 2013, 7:28:10 PM9/28/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com
I'll get started on a TinkMil general brochure. If people could upload pics to the gallery page on our site, I could use them in the materials. Other than a brochure, any thing else we might want? I'd be glad to supply the printing at no cost.

I'm afraid to throw this out, but I'm going to try to get some shirts done for the event. I can get the shirts here in a day and could screen them quickly. Maybe we do some down and dirty shirts for the show and better ones later. I'm thinking $10 for a shirt with the logo fairly large on the back. Lets start a poll for shirt color (logo white) and spec a size one would want. But please don't string me up if it doesn't come together.

Scott Converse

Sep 30, 2013, 10:56:28 AM9/30/13
to Doug Hines, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
I think shirts wood be great, but stickers would be Ben better.  I know, takes awhile.  Just a thought.

Let me know if you need any help with the brochure.

Doug Hines

Oct 1, 2013, 2:50:46 PM10/1/13
to Doug Hines, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
I can provide stickers (in-house) if they are square-cut. Glossy label stock, full color. Any size that fits on an 11" x 17" sheet. What were you thinking for content?

Doug

I think shirts wood be great, but stickers would be Ben better.  I know, takes awhile.  Just a thought.

Let me know if you need any help with the brochure.

Scott Converse

Oct 1, 2013, 4:53:45 PM10/1/13
to Scott Converse, Doug Hines, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
Simple TinkerMill, The Longmont Hackerspace Logo.  Nothing more.

Scott G. Converse

Chrissy Delk

Oct 1, 2013, 11:50:59 PM10/1/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I will go a help work the booth. I'm not sure hours- depends what is needed.

Ron Thomas

Oct 2, 2013, 3:14:31 PM10/2/13
to Chrissy Delk, Ken Russell, moh...@gmail.com, acr...@acr0nym.com, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Chrissy and everyone else who raised their hand last night.

I still need information from quite a few folks, so if can check the below lists and help me fill in the gaps in your information, that would be great!

Can anyone can provide any contact information for Dominick and Jingfeng Liu? I can't find any contact information for either of them (or even a last name in Doninick's case).

I'm still missing electronic confirmation from the following people:
  Jingfeng Liu
  Dominick (spelling?)
  Matt Yoder
  Shannon Moore
  Vishal Verma
  Marty Haase

I need email addresses for:
  Jingfeng Liu
  Dominick (spelling?)

I'd like phone numbers for:
  Ken Russell
  Jingfeng Liu
  Dominick (spelling?)
  Marty Haase
  Matt Yoder

Thanks,
Ron

Scott Converse

Oct 2, 2013, 3:24:54 PM10/2/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com, Chrissy Delk, Ken Russell, moh...@gmail.com, acr...@acr0nym.com
Go to meetup.com (you're a co-organizer).

To email individuals, or create a list from our member base, you can click on the Group Tools (next to your name/pic top right), select email members.  Then 'see more options' under send this message to.  Then pick 'a custom list', then 'new list'.. and email one (or several) members.  I noticed 'dominick' isn't on there but everyone else is.

No phone numbers though.  I would put together a list tonight of everone's phones.

Vishal Verma

Oct 2, 2013, 3:26:29 PM10/2/13
to Scott Converse, longmonthackerspace, Chrissy Delk, Ken Russell, moh...@gmail.com, acr...@acr0nym.com
I can be around for setup/teardown.
My Ph is 720-310-5151

-Vishal

Cody Daig

Oct 2, 2013, 3:40:34 PM10/2/13
to Scott Converse, longmonth...@googlegroups.com, Chrissy Delk, Ken Russell, moh...@gmail.com, acr...@acr0nym.com
ron - you have access to the members list on the website. people have phone numbers on there as well.

Cody B. Daig
A Really Cool Guy

Ron Thomas

Oct 2, 2013, 3:43:18 PM10/2/13
to Cody Daig, Scott Converse, longmonth...@googlegroups.com, Chrissy Delk, Ken Russell, Martin Haase, acr...@acr0nym.com
Thanks, Cody. I've already used that where possible. The previously-sent list reflects information I need that isn't in the members list or (as far as I can tell) available via MeetUp.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Thomas

Oct 2, 2013, 10:39:59 PM10/2/13
to longmonth...@googlegroups.com, Scott Converse, Chrissy Delk, Ken Russell, Martin Haase, acr...@acr0nym.com, Cody Daig
Hey folks,
To stop flooding the Google Groups, I've split off the Maker Faire discussion into a separate email thread. If you did not receive it and are planning to help out with the Maker Faire, please contact me directly and I'll make sure we get you in the loop.

Thanks,
Ron Thomas