The Front Page of https://www.tinkermill.org/

Zancas Dearana

Jan 15, 2014, 1:02:24 PM1/15/14
to in...@tinkermill.org, Matthew DeBlock, Scott Converse, Chris Yoder, longmonth...@googlegroups.com
Hi there "Info", Za here.

I think the front page should contain a single actionable message, and that message should be something along the lines of:

   Come be a part of Your awesome Hackerspace!

Now there's a little problem since many people might not know what "Hackerspace" means so somehow, intertwined with our single actionable message we need to include some _Minimal_ exposition.

I think the current first paragraph is an excellent exposition.   The video is OK as a stopgap, but
ideally we need a video of _Our_ space.   I've tried to get one made, but have failed.  :(

Per the rest of the copy on the "front page"

I vote for some copy along these lines:

"The Space is free and open to the public!!*  So come on down and Hack with us!"

* As long as a member's around to unlock the door.

Then make the word "member" in the footnote a hyperlink to the "Members" page.

Counter-proposals?

BTW, I'd like to say 'Thanks!' to all the people who've put in the hard work to get the site this far!
--
-- ظ

PS -- The front page of "https://www.tinkermill.org" is, in my humble opinion, much improved recently!