BBC call out to engineers, hackers and tinkerers

marc barto

Jan 31, 2015, 7:00:16 AM1/31/15
to lond...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Paul Hugues from BBC Entertainment got in touch with us to see if we would be interested in taking part in a new series they're developing involving  the maker culture.
See below for more details and get in touch directly with Paul if questions.

cheers

Marc

---------

The BBC are currently developing an entertainment series looking at the world of hacking, making and robotics.

In the potential series teams compete to design and build technological solutions to challenges set to them. After receiving a very broad challenge, we’d follow the teams’ design and build process, where they would be assisted by experts, and then challenge them to bring their creations to the studio to compete against each other. This would be a vehicle for us to explore the science of robotics and celebrate the UK’s engineering spirit.

We are on the look-out for potential groups of engineers, inventors and mechanical tinkerers who might take part in a series.

Please contact paul.h...@bbc.co.uk or Alice.Walk...@bbc.co.uk for further information.

Andy from Workshopshed

Jan 31, 2015, 2:18:14 PM1/31/15
to lond...@googlegroups.com
Cool, is it called " The Great Egg Race" ?

marc barto

Jan 31, 2015, 3:17:37 PM1/31/15
to Andy from Workshopshed, lond...@googlegroups.com
haha well it might be more "Robot Wars"