Storage Request #284: corrugated sheet by Duthilleux Hortense

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Dec 11, 2015, 9:48:34 AM12/11/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
corrugated sheet
https://london.hackspace.org.uk/storage/284
by Duthilleux Hortense
12th Dec 2015 - 9th Jan 2016
Request for 28 days in the yard (against the wall near hackspace back entrance)

large corrugated sheet material

***If no one replies to this topic the request will be automatically approved within 7 days.***

Lex Robinson

Dec 11, 2015, 10:35:53 AM12/11/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Why?

Netta Peltola

Dec 12, 2015, 3:51:57 PM12/12/15
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk
It is for a kinetic light installation for which we have been prototyping and this material will be used to build our final after christmas.
We may start cutting it down and processing it before holidays but we'd like to be able to store it in the yard securely over the 'go-home' period as it is quiet large

Netta nd Hortense

Lex Robinson

Dec 13, 2015, 2:06:34 PM12/13/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Do you not have somewhere at your university you can store it?
Generally speaking we don't like to be used as a cheap storage solution, though this seems that it won't take up much space. What do other people think?

James P

Dec 15, 2015, 3:49:12 AM12/15/15
to London Hackspace
Hey could you tell a little more please :) How big it is and what material might be useful details for someone else who knows the yard better to be able to offer a good view about this. :)

Cheers,
AJP2

Hortense Duthilleux

Dec 16, 2015, 10:04:40 AM12/16/15
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk
Hi,

We are not students so no uni...
Our prototyping process have been involving quiet large pieces and to prevent "over" storing at hackspace (as we know space is precious) we have already relocated a lot of our work, as much as possible, outside of hackspace facilities.

The material is 2 sheets of 3x2m corrugated plastic 25mm thick.
We are at the moment looking at other places to store it over the holidays so it not getting in the way for too long.
Meanwhile we are hoping that everyone is cool with it, knowing we are making effort to find a better solution.

Cheers
Hortense & Netta

Lex Robinson

Dec 16, 2015, 12:29:02 PM12/16/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 at 15:04 Hortense Duthilleux <duthilleu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We are not students so no uni...

Apologies, I misread "final" as "finals" and assumed you were doing a final year project of some form.

Eugene Nadyrshin

Dec 16, 2015, 1:25:42 PM12/16/15
to london-hack-space
As long it's secured so that it doesn't fall on someone/something I think this is a reasonable request as it's a it can be put against the wall, possibly behind the radio shack. Last call for objections before I approve it :P

Netta Peltola

Dec 17, 2015, 11:28:55 AM12/17/15
to London Hackspace
Hi! Thank you for the approval. We would definitely take out of the way securely (it is against the brick wall now as we were worried of wind). Is the radio shack the container building right in front of the back entrance? I notices it has a small gap where we could slide it to. but there is something on the way so i hope we can fit it.

Thanks ever so much!

Jasper Wallace

Dec 17, 2015, 3:21:39 PM12/17/15
to London Hackspace
It looks like it's the same material we used to insulate the windows on
the street side of the hackspace.

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

JJ

Dec 17, 2015, 4:50:38 PM12/17/15
to London Hackspace
It will easily fit between the cabin and the wall.  While getting it in and out be careful of a couple of cables at both low and high level that you might snag, the mast that's waiting to be repositioned and the pile of steel stock on the ground that could easily trip you over.  Protect the faces if you don't want them scratched as the wall is rough and there might be sharp edges.

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Jan 7, 2016, 12:31:13 PM1/7/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Approved with the reason 'no reply to mailing list since 2weeks' by Netta Peltola

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Mar 18, 2016, 8:16:20 AM3/18/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Removed by Dean Forbes

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Mar 20, 2016, 1:12:46 PM3/20/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Pending Approval with the reason 'It was still between the cabin and the wall yesterday so please remove it or apply for an extension and update us to the situation.' by John Johnson

deanforbes

Mar 20, 2016, 6:37:26 PM3/20/16
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk
this was removed when I was present ... I will have a look at what you think is part of this

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Jun 11, 2016, 1:11:12 PM6/11/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Unapproved with the reason 'is this still in the space ?' by Timour chomilier

Dave Mansfield

Jul 7, 2016, 9:24:34 AM7/7/16
to London Hackspace, duthilleu...@gmail.com
Could we get an update (or change the status if already removed)

Dave Mansfield

Aug 23, 2016, 10:52:02 AM8/23/16
to London Hackspace, duthilleu...@gmail.com
Can we get an update (or please update the storage ticket if already removed)