Not Just Arduino (Whats Up reaming of group, new logo and recruitment drive and no consultation)

Dean Forbes

Dec 13, 2012, 7:10:53 PM12/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Curious, did we agree a new logo, did we agree a recruitment drive, did we agree to use meetup, did we agree to rename the group

Some consulation and a step back perhaps would be nice

I look forward to the Monday meeting

I am for a Hackspace non commercial group

Dean Forbes

Dec 13, 2012, 7:14:40 PM12/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
London Arduino.JPG

Morris

Dec 13, 2012, 7:27:07 PM12/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm struggling to understand how this is some kind of issue?
--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++

+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Charles Yarnold

Dec 13, 2012, 7:51:43 PM12/13/12
to Hackspace Mailing List
My interpretation of the text is that Marc has started a new group that will be joining NJA members in the space...

Dean Forbes

Dec 14, 2012, 1:44:48 AM12/14/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It would have been good to talk about an "experiment" and the impact before doing it.

Considering the structure of the first meeting which was a bit laboured but I saw the benefit of it (where all the items mentioned here were discussed and it was explained that this approach was absolutely necessary to do it collaboratively) and then to unilaterally and by stealth to change it with out consultation is inconsistent, talking about it at a meeting or asking on the list was all that was needed in my view is what I would have liked

At all the sessions so far we have spend a significant amout of time doing intro before getting down to a talk on a topic and any work, and introducing a load more people from outside will exacerbate this, my second point is, is it apprrpriate to use meetup to advertise events at the hackspace, and I like some of the logo's that were posted on the NJA board  any way this debate should be had at the meeting on Monday

Dean Forbes

Dec 14, 2012, 2:09:57 AM12/14/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Morris it wouuld be good to see you at a meeting, will you join us on Monday

Marc

Dec 15, 2012, 3:31:31 PM12/15/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Since some members are asking me what this is all about I feel I should clarify.

3 days ago I've started a meetup group called "London Arduino" with a few friends who have robotics projects and want to create a community on Meetup.

This group will not be related to "Not Just Arduino" but I thought it would be a good idea to invite ONE TIME the few members of this new group to Monday's NJA meeting as they would share the same interest (I would be surprised if 2 people turn up, plus I have limited the attendance to 5).

My idea was to mention this Meetup group on Monday at the beginning of the meeting, reply to eventual questions, and maybe, just maybe, in future events it could be question of collaborations between those 2 group if decided by the members.

In my enthusiasm, I failed to ask the NJA list beforehand, this is was (obviously) a mistake and for this I apologise.

I'm sorry if this has painted the NJA group image in a bad way, the tone in which this conversation happened is not representative of our events, which are friendly and productive.

I hope we can all make an effort so we can continue hacking together in an excellent atmosphere.

I'm happy to discuss this further on Monday.

Many thanks

Marc

On Saturday, 15 December 2012 16:22:13 UTC, Alvin Chang wrote:
Can I go to NJA as a first timer?

Marc

Dec 15, 2012, 3:35:27 PM12/15/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Can I go to NJA as a first timer? Alvin Chang

Sorry I forgot to reply, yes everybody is welcome to attend our events, hope to see you on Monday.

Morris

Dec 15, 2012, 4:33:47 PM12/15/12
On 14 December 2012 07:09, Dean Forbes <m...@deanforbes.com> wrote:
Morris it wouuld be good to see you at a meeting, will you join us on Monday

Would be cool but I can't afford to attend the hackspace at such a regularity. There's the Wednesday meetings that I try to attend when I can afford it. I trust NJA wil be fine without me though lol.