Bottle caps DNH

tim_n

Oct 18, 2016, 5:12:24 PM10/18/16
to London Hackspace
Having sampled several of the square root drinks, I'd like to say they're very nice.

However don't play with the bottle caps and dispose of them responsibly. I was fiddling with one whilst chatting and as usual, did something stupid.

The doctor who stitched up my finger was very nice and I had a very speedy service, I barely sat in most places before I'd been assessed, checked by a doctor, x-rayed, referred to plastics, bounced back to the doctor and stitched. I'd nicked an artery in my finger and was very lucky not to need surgery.

About fifteen different injections and six/seven stitches later I'm very happy with have such a good healthcare system to deal with my usual stupidity.

Pics or it didn't happen.

http://imgur.com/a/4CxX5

Many thanks for the help to the various people (especially chris) and assistance with the first aid.

Aden

Oct 18, 2016, 5:33:28 PM10/18/16
to london-hack-space
Safety third!

Pingless

Oct 19, 2016, 3:58:40 AM10/19/16
to London Hackspace
Oooh! Lex managed to cut himself quite severely yesterday, but couldn't figure out how he'd done it. He was drinking Square Root too, I'm guessing that's what it was!

Thanks for the warning!

David Murphy

Oct 19, 2016, 7:25:31 AM10/19/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
oh wow. 7 stitches for a bottle cap cut.

lesson learned, no crafting shivs from bottle caps.

Martin (Crypt)

Oct 19, 2016, 9:14:35 AM10/19/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Need to remember to be a bit careful about those ones after the apocalypse, when they're the only currency

tim_n

Oct 19, 2016, 5:01:55 PM10/19/16
to London Hackspace
Probably explains their value for when the bullets run out.

Stitch pic ftw http://imgur.com/a/Z2etJ