Architects Procession etc

deanforbes

Dec 8, 2016, 5:25:33 AM12/8/16
to London Hackspace

To the guys that were making a instrument last night here is a link to what I was talking about

The mbira dza vadzimu is very significant in Shona religion and culture, considered a sacred instrument by the Shona people. It is usually played to facilitate communication with ancestral spirits, bringing the spirit of the dead back on its homestead.[9] Within the Shona tradition, the mbira may be played with paired performers in which the kushaura, the caller, leads the performed piece as the kutsinhira, the responder, "interlocks" a subsequent part.[10] The ritual is known as the Bira. During these all-night ceremonies, people call upon the spirits to answer questions. The variations of notes in an Mbira piece aid the participants in going into trance, which in Shona culture aids the spirits in taking over the participant's body.[11]

Remember

"gara pachigaro"
followed by
"pamberi ne jongwe"  a laugh and then  "pasi"

ask your colleague to explain totems and how they work, its fascinating stuff at least I think so

Patrick Dent

Dec 10, 2016, 10:37:04 AM12/10/16
to London Hackspace
Isn't there a very simple one of these (more like the 'sanza') on the shelves by the front door?

Zia Rahim

Dec 10, 2016, 10:51:54 AM12/10/16
to London Hackspace
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!