Another new Lulzbot 3D printer

tgreer

Apr 4, 2016, 8:26:43 AM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
Greetings fellow hackspacers.

I have some good news and some bad news!

The bad news is the old Lulzbot Ao-101 will be being removed from the hackspace...

The good news is that Lulzbot have given us another Lulzbot Mini (to match the other new one we have), which I'm in the middle of putting through it's paces.

This means we will have 2 working self calibrating 3D printers in the hackspace.

My plan is to have one setup for flexible filiment, and one setup for normal filiment.

Are there any objections to the addition of a new Lulzbot Mini as hackspace equipment, and removal of the old one (to be fixed up and likely donated to another hackspace)

Let me know, as I'm planning to come in this week to sort it.

Thanks

Thomas

Tom Sands

Apr 4, 2016, 8:29:53 AM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
Will the old lulzbot be sent off with a typical hackspace funeral, giving thanks for its years of service under the abuse of the hackspace rank and file?

Mike

Apr 4, 2016, 8:56:56 AM4/4/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 05:29:53AM -0700, Tom Sands wrote:
> Will the old lulzbot be sent off with a typical hackspace funeral, giving
> thanks for its years of service under the abuse of the hackspace rank and
> file?

Throwing it off the balcony?

Mike.
signature.asc

Mr Ed

Apr 4, 2016, 9:15:49 AM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
No objections from me. The old one is 99% working, it just needs a hobbed drive wheel for the stepper. It works give when I fitted mine, but I need mine, so I didn't leave it on.

It's even calibrated nowfor the 1.75mm filament.

-Ed

tgreer

Apr 4, 2016, 9:25:21 AM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
Perfect. I have a hobbed drive wheel at home, from Ian for it. So it should be as simple as putting that on and doing some testing!

Robin Baumgarten

Apr 4, 2016, 11:21:50 AM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
That sounds excellent! I've been waiting for a flexible filament printer for a while and had to fall back to order from 3dhubs.

I take it we'll use Ninjaflex? I'd be happy to pledge for a roll or so, since I'd use it a lot!

tgreer

Apr 4, 2016, 12:12:01 PM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
We do indeed use ninjaflex, and we have a roll of it.

Simon Howes

Apr 4, 2016, 12:13:30 PM4/4/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

What mods do you make to the printer to make it work with ninjaflex?

tgreer

Apr 4, 2016, 12:53:07 PM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
None. We have a flexystruder on one of the Lulzbot minis

Domas

Apr 4, 2016, 12:56:11 PM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
Will ACNode authorization be transferred to new printers as it was for new laser cutter, or will we need to sit through a training on new printers?

tgreer

Apr 4, 2016, 2:21:06 PM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
That's to be discussed with the rest of the maintainers... We believe a quick refresher will need done, as the flow is different to how it used to be.

Patrick Dent

Apr 4, 2016, 6:16:58 PM4/4/16
to London Hackspace
This sounds fantastic! I've seen a similar setup used by a youtuber by the name of James Burton. He's got some great examples of making mechanisms that mix ninjaflex and abs.

Ben Vaughan

Apr 22, 2016, 10:52:52 AM4/22/16
to London Hackspace
Has there been any progress here?   I'd love to come down and print a thing at some point.

tgreer

Apr 22, 2016, 5:48:58 PM4/22/16
to London Hackspace
ACNodes are ready to go. Just the OctoPrint PIs to be sorted and we're done!

Robin Baumgarten

May 1, 2016, 7:18:58 AM5/1/16
to London Hackspace
How's the sorting going? Any way we can help out?

tgreer

May 1, 2016, 9:21:06 AM5/1/16
to London Hackspace
There are 2 raspberry pi's en route to the hackspace via Timour... there are SD cards waiting for them there. The SD cards need the latest octoprint image put on them.