Floor standing bike pump (warning, contains mild rage).

Tomas Doran

Dec 12, 2011, 12:25:12 PM12/12/11
to london-hack-space
Would whoever has borrowed this please bring it back!?!?!

This wasn't particularly cheap (as it's a fairly good quality one),
and I left it in the space for people to be able to pump their tyres
up in the space.

Today, I wanted to pump my tyres up. No decent pump to be found.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

There are several small pumps that are 'good enough' to get your bike
rideable to the space. None of them are good enough to want to
_properly_ pump my tyres up (to 115psi). In future please borrow one
of the small pumps that we have several of, then ride to the space if
you want to fully inflate your tyre.

Cheers
t0m

Billy

Dec 12, 2011, 2:23:41 PM12/12/11
to London Hackspace

It's been gone more than a week now.

I couldn't find it last weekend.

Tomas Doran

Dec 13, 2011, 9:15:18 AM12/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

On 12 Dec 2011, at 19:23, Billy wrote:

> It's been gone more than a week now.
>
> I couldn't find it last weekend.

RAAAAAAAGGGGEEEEEE.

If it doesn't re-appear by the new year, I will buy another one and
arrange for it to be chained to the stand of bike parts.

This is why we cannot have nice things.

Cheers
t0m

Billy

Dec 20, 2011, 7:40:24 AM12/20/11
to London Hackspace

Good news!

I found the bike-pump.

It was buried under a pile of bike wheels that had been dumped to the
side of the rack, and not tidied up afterwards.

I've done a quick tidy/sort through. I'll finish off the rest today.

If anyone needs a break from staring at a computer screen, there's no
better cure than dismantling a lump of machinery. There is a small
stack of bike parts that need dismantled and sorted into functional
components and scrap for the metal bins.

Tomas Doran

Dec 20, 2011, 9:18:47 AM12/20/11

On 20 Dec 2011, at 12:40, Billy wrote:

> Good news!
>
> I found the bike-pump.
>
> It was buried under a pile of bike wheels that had been dumped to the
> side of the rack, and not tidied up afterwards.
>
> I've done a quick tidy/sort through. I'll finish off the rest today.

Oh, good news indeed!

Thanks Billy, you're a star as always :)

Cheers
t0m