[lasercutter] update

Charles Yarnold

Jul 23, 2016, 4:06:59 PM7/23/16
to Hackspace Mailing List
Henry and I spent most of our day getting the cutter scrubbed down and water blasted out. It's not spotless yet but its alot closer to the correct colour inside than it was!

Henry also spent alot of time cleaning down the grease that had made it onto places it shouldn't and re-greasing the machine.

We will be aligning the optics and installing the new hinge when it arrives this week along with a long soak for the beds to get the grime off we couldn't today.

Sol

Henry Sands

Jul 23, 2016, 4:55:29 PM7/23/16
to London Hackspace
The whole laser cutter itself got a thorough cleaning.

During this we found evidence of PVC cutting and an unreported fire.

Please please please tell us if you have a fire in the laser cutter, we won't be mad ever, we just want to know so we can come in and fix any damage.

Again, you will not be told off/berated/punished, we know fires happen and its usually no ones fault, it's just a byproduct of how the laser cutter works.

Henry Sands

Jul 25, 2016, 3:30:25 AM7/25/16
to London Hackspace
Hinges have arrived, I will fit them tonight and hopefully get the laser cutter back up and going.

We noticed a very slight issue with the cooler, but we're pretty sure thats more by design than error.

Chanelle Joseph

Jul 25, 2016, 9:58:54 AM7/25/16
to London Hackspace
Amazing - thank you!