The Beast's upcoming appearances

George Buckenham

Jan 12, 2012, 2:18:15 PM1/12/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
This is just to let people know that the Beast will be taking an extended jaunt at the beginning of February (assuming there are no objections). And to let hackspace members have a chance to follow him.

He's going to be appearing at Wild Rumpus, an indie multiplayer videogame night down at 93 Feet East on Brick Lane. That's the evening of Thursday, 2nd of Feb. Which I'm helping organize, and which will be excellent fun. (For those curious, he'll be showing Forget Me Not)

Then the next day will be appearing at Bit of Alright, an indie focused game design conference at the BAC, showing something-or-other-that-hasn't-yet-been-decided. That's on the 3rd of February.

And then he might come home, or he might stay in south London for the gamejam I'm organizing that weekend (4th and 5th). Which everyone is more than welcome to. I'm sad not to be organizing it at the Hackspace, but have decided to try out a larger venue. But you are all welcome, in any case.

Ta,
George

Gausie

Jan 12, 2012, 6:21:29 PM1/12/12
to London Hackspace
Wild Rumpus sounds awesome; I'll come down and bring friends!

Gausie

On Jan 12, 7:18 pm, George Buckenham <v.twenty....@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is just to let people know that the Beast will be taking an extended
> jaunt at the beginning of February (assuming there are no objections). And
> to let hackspace members have a chance to follow him.
>
> He's going to be appearing at Wild Rumpus <http://thewildrumpus.co.uk/>, an
> indie multiplayer videogame night down at 93 Feet East on Brick Lane.
> That's the evening of Thursday, 2nd of Feb. Which I'm helping organize, and
> which will be excellent fun. (For those curious, he'll be showing Forget Me
> Not <http://nyarlulabs.blogspot.com/2011/08/destructadelic-dungeons.html>)
>
> Then the next day will be appearing at Bit of
> Alright<http://bit-of-alright.com/>,
> an indie focused game design conference at the BAC, showing
> something-or-other-that-hasn't-yet-been-decided. That's on the 3rd of
> February.
>
> And then he might come home, or he might stay in south London for the gamejam
> I'm organizing <http://bitofgamejam.eventbrite.com/> that weekend (4th and

Monty

Jan 13, 2012, 10:28:55 AM1/13/12
to London Hackspace
Oooo. This sounds interesting! Think I'll also be bringing some
friends along to this.

Any chance to also get B.U.T.T.O.N. on show?!

On Jan 12, 7:18 pm, George Buckenham <v.twenty....@gmail.com> wrote:
> He's going to be appearing at Wild Rumpus <http://thewildrumpus.co.uk/>, an
> indie multiplayer videogame night down at 93 Feet East on Brick Lane.
> That's the evening of Thursday, 2nd of Feb. Which I'm helping organize, and
> which will be excellent fun. (For those curious, he'll be showing Forget Me
> Not <http://nyarlulabs.blogspot.com/2011/08/destructadelic-dungeons.html>)

George Buckenham

Jan 13, 2012, 10:55:50 AM1/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Woo! People should also come gamejam, especially if they haven't made games before, but kinda want to.

I'm afraid not - we showed it last time (and up at Nottingham), and it was fantastic, but we obviously want to show new things. With the exception of JS Joust, actually, as we love that too much. Both are the works of Douglas Wilson, though, and both are about shoving. So that's some consolation?

-- G