thunderbolt apple screem

Andy Tidman

May 25, 2017, 9:08:08 AM5/25/17
to London Hackspace
this screen has been removed and put in to storage  as per the notic of disposal placed on it
please contact the trustees

Carl Jokl

Jun 25, 2017, 6:20:32 PM6/25/17
to London Hackspace
Which trustee do I need to contact about getting this back.

Marrold

Jun 27, 2017, 11:43:13 AM6/27/17
to London Hackspace
The original message was posted a whole month ago. Its entirely plausible it's been NOD'd and binned.

Carl Jokl

Jun 27, 2017, 2:06:37 PM6/27/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I have been preoccupied with Job hunting and was not on the mailing list at the time. It would seem pretty callous to bin a £500-£700 Thunderbolt Display. If it has been binned I will be in contact with citizens advise about prosecuting the Hackspace to pay for replacing it. You may well own the space but when equipment is donated for use with the Hackspace, having been verbally discussed with trustees only to be binned over some technically in a piece of proceadure not followed to your satisfaction it is rediculous.

I say this in light of complaints from members about people being banned from the Hackspace over fairly trivial matters. I am pretty taken back to find my efforts to support the Hackspace with my limited startup resources to be treated in this way. Given you then something expensive away without concent I should take the matter to the police.

Regards

Carl Jokl

Aden

Jun 27, 2017, 2:57:41 PM6/27/17
to london-hack-space
If it was a donation then surely it's not the property of the space now anyway.
The trustees don't have any magic powers to allow things to be stored in the space, you have to follow the rules. You've got nobody to blame apart from yourself for not following the rules.

Nobody has been banned for trivial reasons, most people have been a constant annoyance to everyone for years before they got a ban.

Aden

Jun 27, 2017, 2:59:13 PM6/27/17
to london-hack-space
I meant if it was a donation then surely it's the property of the space now anyway.

Carl Jokl

Jun 27, 2017, 3:16:17 PM6/27/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Seriously I could have gone to a school or a charity or something but you just binned It?

I am a relatively newly participating member of the Hackspace not versed in the procedures. I had talked to trustees at the time of donating it and they seemed happy with the arrangement. Then it disappears and no-one knows where it has gone.

I mean you want to build if some community and have the Hackspace be supported and haven't the least bit of remorse for a complete waste of donated equipment. Maybe there is nothing I can do about it but why would you expect people to want to pay for or support a Hackspace that treats its members with such seeming contempt? It would be best I collect whatever is left that hasn't been binned and stolen and cancel my membership. I am loosing far more than I have benifitted from being a member.

Paddy Duncan

Jun 27, 2017, 4:05:57 PM6/27/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk

In Trustee mode:

If it’s gone missing there will be some more banning.

Email us on trus...@london.hackspace.org.uk to arrange collection.

Paddy

deanforbes

Jun 27, 2017, 5:19:14 PM6/27/17
to London Hackspace
I think the first post will answer the current question