FTGH: Aruba 200 controller and 16 AP70 APs

Nick Reynolds

Jun 18, 2018, 8:59:42 AM6/18/18
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
This is an OLD Enterprise class centrally managed Wi-Fi system.

Loads of features but the APs are a bit long in the tooth only doing
a/b/g. They are however dual radio (2.4 & 5GHz simultaneously) and the
controller will support newer Aruba APs up to the AP105 and AP135 I
think. The controller only supports 8 'campus' APs but I had plans to
use some of them as 'remote' APs. I may have a couple of AP93s I could
chuck in too but they're single radio. AP105s and AP135s can be had
for little money (£10-20) on eBay.

http://www.securewirelessworks.com/datasheets/Controllers/DS_A200.pdf
https://www.4gon.co.uk/documents/aruba_ap70_datasheet.pdf

I'm never going to do anything with this, does anybody want it? This
could make for nice centrally managed Wi-Fi for a project/community
organisation/hackspace type place working on no money where they want
ubiquitous Wi-Fi in a difficult building. The APs are PoE but will run
from a PSU too and as they're 5V not a hard thing to find, but I
suspect you need 2A ones.

If the APs weren't so prehistoric it might be nice for the new
premises, but there you go. Depending on what happens with the WEEE
disposals at work I might be able to find some AP125s to go with it.

If it were going to a worthwhile community organisation I could
probably be persuaded to help set it up.

--
Nick Reynolds - 950SM|620SC
In the land beyond cleaning where the Dust Donkeys dwell

Peter Turpin

Jun 18, 2018, 10:43:59 AM6/18/18
to London Hackspace
Linked someone doing a community project to this. Will see what they say.