fucking shit!!!

cromium lake

Jan 30, 2012, 10:17:17 AM1/30/12
to London Hackspace
To Whoever feels responsible:

Friday night I wanted to use the mini lathe, guess what the whole box
with allen keys disappear....but on Monday morning by miracle they re-
appear and inside the draw (amazingly in place).

Monday Morning a jumbo size rock hard piece of shit (literately) was
lying on the toilet.....Then I wanted to any of the lathe, but both
dirty....and no even mention the state of the kitchen....

Come on seriously??? :
Rules
The hackspace is your space - we don't want to put excessive rules in
place but we do need to keep it clean and safe.

If you don't want to follow the rules at least do it for the people
that do their best to keep the space up and running.

!!Please clean after you are done, no matter fucking
where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crom

tom

Jan 30, 2012, 10:25:59 AM1/30/12
to London Hackspace
Ok, given that we cant be trusted with the toilet I've installed a
webcam in there to catch people abusing it

I've made it public so we I can keep tabs on it when out of the space,
URL is here http://niceface.dyndns.org:9000/ if anyone wants to help
watch

Aden

Jan 30, 2012, 10:29:54 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Would liquid shit be easier to clean up? We could put laxetives into
all food and drink in the hackspace.

Yiannis Costopoulos

Jan 30, 2012, 10:55:31 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I have to say that I am not really a Hackspace member but I think there is a law against this.

Not sure, really. Have you checked?

Yiannis

James Broadhead

Jan 30, 2012, 10:59:31 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No
one, not even you will remember if we were good men or bad, why we
fought, or why we died. No, all that matters is that two stood against
many, that's what's important. Valor pleases you, Crom, so grant me
one request, grant me REVENGE! And if you do not listen, then the hell
with you!"

Mark Steward

Jan 30, 2012, 11:01:29 AM1/30/12
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM, cromium lake <cromi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Monday Morning a jumbo size rock hard piece of shit (literately) was
> lying on the toilet.....

I'm guessing you mean in the bowl, rather than on the seat. That
really would be sociopathic...

Mark

Toby Catlin

Jan 30, 2012, 11:03:04 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I believe it is an attempt at humour. I assume it will be taken down pretty quickly and hopefully before someone who hasn't read the mailing list takes a very public number 2.

James Heaver

Jan 30, 2012, 11:03:05 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps the toilet should log use based on RFID and take a photo of
the room after each use and offer a receipt.

The receipt would also have the added benefit of helping to reduce erosion.

Monty

Jan 30, 2012, 11:04:53 AM1/30/12
to London Hackspace
During the last webcam discussion the majority opinion was that the
hackspace was a public area and as such you should have no expectation
to privacy. -.-"

On Jan 30, 3:55 pm, Yiannis Costopoulos <yian...@yiannis.co.uk> wrote:
> I have to say that I am not really a Hackspace member but I think there is
> a law against this.
>
> Not sure, really. Have you checked?
>
> Yiannis
>
> On 30 January 2012 15:25, tom <bollocks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Ok, given that we cant be trusted with the toilet I've installed a
> > webcam in there to catch people abusing it
>
> > I've made it public so we I can keep tabs on it when out of the space,
> > URL is herehttp://niceface.dyndns.org:9000/if anyone wants to help

tom

Jan 30, 2012, 11:05:33 AM1/30/12
to London Hackspace
i plan to do this by counting how long the lock is closed for :)

or i might use the camera, not sure yet

On Jan 30, 4:03 pm, James Heaver <ja...@heaver.org> wrote:
> Perhaps the toilet should log use based on RFID and take a photo of
> the room after each use and offer a receipt.
>
> The receipt would also have the added benefit of helping to reduce erosion.
>
> On 30 January 2012 15:55, Yiannis Costopoulos <yian...@yiannis.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > I have to say that I am not really a Hackspace member but I think there is a
> > law against this.
>
> > Not sure, really. Have you checked?
>
> > Yiannis
>
> > On 30 January 2012 15:25, tom <bollocks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Ok, given that we cant be trusted with the toilet I've installed a
> >> webcam in there to catch people abusing it
>
> >> I've made it public so we I can keep tabs on it when out of the space,
> >> URL is herehttp://niceface.dyndns.org:9000/if anyone wants to help

Peter Hicks

Jan 30, 2012, 11:20:09 AM1/30/12
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 07:25:59AM -0800, tom wrote:

> I've made it public so we I can keep tabs on it when out of the space, URL
> is here http://niceface.dyndns.org:9000/ if anyone wants to help watch

Hands up anyone who's interested in starting up a civilised Hackspace
elsewhere. I'm fed up with some of the antics that are going on and
considering cancelling my Direct Debit.

Poggs

danny staple

Jan 30, 2012, 11:25:35 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Dare I ask what kind of amusing trolling a clicker of that link will
get (is it SFW)? goatse?

--
Danny Staple

Director, ODM Solutions Ltd
w: http://www.odmsolutions.co.uk
Blog: http://orionrobots.co.uk/blog1-Danny-Staple

Monty

Jan 30, 2012, 11:29:25 AM1/30/12
to London Hackspace
The quality really isn't that much better than someone standing
outside and looking through the window, but at least you can
disconnect the cam. -.-"

On Jan 30, 4:20 pm, Peter Hicks <peter.hi...@poggs.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 07:25:59AM -0800, tom wrote:
> > I've made it public so we I can keep tabs on it when out of the space, URL
> > is herehttp://niceface.dyndns.org:9000/if anyone wants to help watch

Tim Hutt

Jan 30, 2012, 11:29:05 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It appears to be an actual webcam in the toilet. I'm presuming it is
fake though.

Nigel Worsley

Jan 30, 2012, 11:30:40 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
> Dare I ask what kind of amusing trolling a clicker of that link will
> get (is it SFW)? goatse?

It does what it say on the tin.

Nigle

phil jones

Jan 30, 2012, 11:32:38 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Put a motion filter ...

no movement, it's empty, show the picture,

a lot of movement, someone's coming in or going out,show the picture,

a bit of movement probably someone standing, using the toilet, blank it out.

phil

Nigel Worsley

Jan 30, 2012, 11:33:59 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
> Hands up anyone who's interested in starting up a civilised Hackspace elsewhere.

<waves hand>

Doubly so if it is closer to west london than the current one.

Nigle

Toby Catlin

Jan 30, 2012, 11:35:19 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
or how about, stop being stupid and take the camera down.
Disrespecting the space cannot be solved by webcams or arduinos or any other technology.

Mark Steward

Jan 30, 2012, 11:38:12 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Of all the antics that go on in the space, I think this is one of the
most harmless and well executed. There are serious issues about
tidiness and courtesy to others, but these are problems of scale and
communication, not jokes. As one of the (happily growing) group of
people who aim to counter the tragedy of the commons in the space, I'd
rather people talked and made light of it than leaving things until
they get too bad.

Mark

Adrian Godwin

Jan 30, 2012, 11:38:22 AM1/30/12
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Toby Catlin <to...@korfball.com> wrote:
> or how about, stop being stupid and take the camera down.
> Disrespecting the space cannot be solved by webcams or arduinos or any other
> technology.

Public discussion, however, is quite effective.

Toby Catlin

Jan 30, 2012, 11:42:05 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sure, so broadcasting to the public internet images of our members in the toilet has started a discussion, great.  Is keeping it running going to improve the collective attitude of our members?

Adrian Godwin

Jan 30, 2012, 11:46:19 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The problem, as so often before, is that the disrespectful people fail
to engage with the rest of the space through electronic means, which
has the widest audience. It may be that they're very communicative in
real life but we're not good at teaching good manners there.

Paddy Duncan

Jan 30, 2012, 11:48:35 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, in my experience, the kind of people who do this kind of shit tend
never to 'feel responsible' for anything.
Nor confess....

Jonty Wareing

Jan 30, 2012, 11:54:34 AM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Oh for gods sake, time to nip this in the bud before people start doing
stupid things:

THERE IS NOT A WEBCAM IN THE TOILET, THIS IS A JOKE.

I find it suprising that anyone actually thought it was real. Tom is a
master practical joker, but installing a webcam in a toilet is absurd.

Congrats to Tom on a successful troll. Shame on everyone else for
actually thinking a member of the community would do something like
this.

--jonty

P.S. He's promised me the code will be on github tomorrow.

tom

Jan 30, 2012, 11:58:50 AM1/30/12
to London Hackspace
alas the lie is revealed..

and before anyone says "but it goes dark at night and light in the
morning" : I wrote a day/night cycle into it.

Nin Lil'izi

Jan 30, 2012, 12:13:08 PM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
>Put a motion filter ...
>a lot of movement ... show the picture

Nope, can't see how anything could ever go wrong there.

Regards,
Nin lil'izi

Skype: Nin-lil-izi
Help me stay fed, order a certain and enevitable demise off me today!
GPG Fingerprint: C510 909B 811E D6F5 0DFF 5D91 CF03 8FEA FD69 4622
signature.asc

Toby Catlin

Jan 30, 2012, 12:25:38 PM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
alright, well played. it was the apparent changing light that got me.
I tried not to feed the troll bait but am quite bored at work.

Paddy Duncan

Jan 30, 2012, 12:46:21 PM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Feel free to cancel your direct debit. Leave the standing order though....

Paddy Duncan

Jan 30, 2012, 1:19:04 PM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Take down what exactly?

Jan 30, 2012, 1:57:13 PM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I knew it was a troll- but I was expecting far worse... Perhaps one of
those silly screamer things - watch it for too long, and a screaming
turd with sharp pointy teeth flys at the camera....

Martin Klang

Jan 30, 2012, 2:27:14 PM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

I claim prior art [1].

/m

[1] http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Project:Shitcam

On 30 Jan 2012, at 16:58, tom wrote:

> alas the lie is revealed..

tom

Jan 30, 2012, 6:29:58 PM1/30/12
to London Hackspace
camera code is here:
https://github.com/fridgehead/Trollcam

troll away!

danny staple

Jan 30, 2012, 6:37:44 PM1/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Since it was down, and I missed it through my deep suspicion of
trolling - I cloned it and had a go. It does look authentic with the
autogain silliness.