TV LG 50PS3000 - Searching TV repair technician, or somebody who know what is doing

clubf...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2016, 3:55:34 AM4/6/16
to London Hackspace

50 inch TV LG 50PS3000 - NEED DIAGNOSTIC

I em searching somebody who know how to diagnose: mainboard, power supply, sustain board, fuse...

when switch on TV make a click and light on the button blinks, no picture (stay black screen)

Faraz Sayed

Apr 7, 2016, 3:20:15 AM4/7/16
to London Hackspace
Bring it along to a restart party!
Although we are not repair professionals, we are skilled electronic repair enthisiast.
Theres one in Hackney this Saturday.
https://therestartproject.org/events/

Des Quilty

Apr 7, 2016, 4:38:34 AM4/7/16
to London Hackspace
Sounds interesting.

How crowded do these events get?

tim_n

Apr 7, 2016, 4:43:47 AM4/7/16
to London Hackspace
I'll be honest, 99% of the time it seems to be bad capacitors.  Take off the covers, look for swollen, wonky or covered in gunk caps.  If you've got one it's likely that.

The last two repairs I did were all swaps for the main power board (just unplug everything and swap it for a new board, usually £20-30 off ebay) with exactly that problem...

Ten Yen

Apr 7, 2016, 11:46:28 AM4/7/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Heya,

"Clubfirst12": *Might* help motivate people if you state if and what kind of
a budget you have for this? Skillswap? Can you bring it to hackspace? (with
a valid storage request if need be ;)

I'm all about the free repairs (see my other post suggesting a repair sub-group
etc) , but I don't like assuming that people only come here for that reason
and promoting people who are willing to do repair work (possibly a dieing
breed...) is more sustainable. . .more below. . ..

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 01:43:47AM -0700, tim_n wrote:
> I'll be honest, 99% of the time it seems to be bad capacitors. Take off
> the covers, look for swollen, wonky or covered in gunk caps. If you've got
> one it's likely that.

yup: I didn't hear anything back from this thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/london-hack-space/vyPkuSp7Pfc/BYmFzJMQIAAJ

after caps I'd say lamps and transistors is the next most common fault,
lots of info (not just caps) on that forum. . .

> The last two repairs I did were all swaps for the main power board (just
> unplug everything and swap it for a new board, usually ?20-30 off ebay)
> with exactly that problem...

interesting; were they popular brand/ model or just a generic power board?
were they on sale for repair (with a warranty?) or just as broken/ spares?
(last time I wanted a hard drive quickly I noticed this bs)

did you get to the other xboxen and is the repaired one still going?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/london-hack-space/dsdsQxDNeF0/NzQajB2zIwAJ

werd,

--
http://tenyen.net/

Des Quilty

May 26, 2017, 7:12:11 PM5/26/17
to London Hackspace, ten...@tenyen.net, t...@sdf.org
Just thought that I'd give some feedback that when my TV stopped working I remembered this thread and thought that rather than give up the ghost on it I'd give it a go to repair it.

Just whipped off the back and very quickly identified that the low voltage output pins weren't working after looking at a few youtube videos.

Found a second -hand PSU board from these guys for the TV, it was only 16 quid.

Ordered on Wednesday, arrived today.

Took 10 mins to pop the new board in and hey presto, Sony Bravia KLD32w4000 is back in working order.

The final interesting thing is that compared to another much newer Sony Bravia that we'd been using as a stop gap, the picture and sound is head and shoulders better on the older TV.

So all in all I'm glad that I made the effort, and think twice before you think that newer is going to be better!

Aden

May 26, 2017, 7:20:14 PM5/26/17
to london-hack-space
Sony often do that, the first gen product is much more expensive and high quality for early adopters, then they commoditise it by lowering the quality and cost.