3-in-1 status, and a request to sign for delivered stuff

spooq

Sep 6, 2011, 5:25:07 AM9/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

the motor on the lathe has been fixed. For those interested, the
centrifugal switch was failing to turn off the starter winding. It has
been taught the error of its ways.

The 4-jaw adapter plate has been fixed. So we can now hold square and
odd-shaped things as well as round and hex things.

Thanks should be directed towards Abby for these doings, I just undid
bolts and other menial tasks :)

The oil needs to be changed. The replacement oil should arrive at the
space tomorrow, along with a few odds and ends for me. Can someone
sign for it please? No clue what time to expect it.

Thanks,
Luke

Monty

Sep 6, 2011, 5:35:47 AM9/6/11
to London Hackspace
Would it be possible for either you or Abby to write up was done for
the Log Book?

http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Equipment/LatheMillCombo/Logbook

spooq

Sep 6, 2011, 5:40:30 AM9/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I can do that.

We are still a little worried about the motor temperature, so we are
going to rig up a buzzer+sensor combo to keep an eye on it.

No-one should be using it just yet please; we still have some checks
to do on it, such as reading the power drawn from the wall and doing a
run-in test.

Cheers,
Luke

spooq

Sep 6, 2011, 5:47:34 AM9/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'll see if I can draw up a circuit diagram as well, I'll have to go
and look at the machine while I'm doing that tho.

Luke

Sam Cook

Sep 6, 2011, 6:30:56 AM9/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Abby, Spooq!

I'll have to get down and have a play once she's well again!

Cheers

Monty

Sep 6, 2011, 6:59:15 AM9/6/11
to London Hackspace
That would be awesome! Cheers.

On Sep 6, 10:47 am, spooq <spo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll see if I can draw up a circuit diagram as well, I'll have to go
> and look at the machine while I'm doing that tho.
>
> Luke
>
> On 6 September 2011 10:40, spooq <spo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Sure, I can do that.
>
> > We are still a little worried about the motor temperature, so we are
> > going to rig up a buzzer+sensor combo to keep an eye on it.
>
> > No-one should be using it just yet please; we still have some checks
> > to do on it, such as reading the power drawn from the wall and doing a
> > run-in test.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Luke
>
> > On 6 September 2011 10:35, Monty <monty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Would it be possible for either you or Abby to write up was done for
> >> the Log Book?
>
> >>http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Equipment/LatheMillCombo/Log...

spooq

Sep 8, 2011, 5:04:46 AM9/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to whoever signed for the stuff.

I changed the oil last night and also oiled the slides, log updated.

Luke

spooq

Sep 13, 2011, 6:50:25 AM9/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The 3-in-1 is working again, I've started working on the project I've
been wanting to make. Please don't pull my work off the 4-jaw chuck,
I'll never get it aligned again! Feel free to swap over to the 3-jaw
tho :) I will try to finish my piece up ASAP.

If you want a key to use the machine, I can give you one for £2.50 (cost price).

The saddle gets tight at the far end of the bed. This is not a problem
for the vast majority of stuff we would want to make on the machine,
but it would be good to fix it. I believe it is either because the bed
is twisted slightly, or because the lead screw is not perfectly
aligned with the bed.

Luke

Martin Klang

Sep 13, 2011, 7:02:11 AM9/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Good news.
Could you pls update the wiki [1] and logbook [2] with this information.

cheers!

/m

[1] http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Equipment/LatheMillCombo
[2] http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Equipment/LatheMillCombo/Logbook

Sam Cook

Sep 13, 2011, 8:22:31 AM9/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys!

I can get back to learning how not to turn my hands in to mangled piles of flesh!

Luke Graham

Sep 13, 2011, 9:36:02 AM9/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ignore the stuff about not using the 4-jaw, I managed to get the piece out of alignment all by myself, so I have to use a different approach now.

Luke