Storage Request #445: 1000 litre water tank by Michael Trew

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

May 19, 2016, 9:58:42 AM5/19/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
1000 litre water tank
https://london.hackspace.org.uk/storage/445
by Michael Trew
26th May 2016 - 12th Jun 2016
Request for 17 days in the yard (beside the compost bin)

I'd like to use a 1000 litre water tank for aquatic plants and for a vertical garden with a solar powered watering system, as explained in this video: https://youtu.be/kc0NmEN7UpQ
..the solar panels could also power the pump for the hydroponics garden

***If no one replies to this topic the request will be automatically approved within 7 days.***

Tom Sands

May 19, 2016, 10:04:13 AM5/19/16
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk
Are you planning for this to be a permanent installation at the hackspace? Or is this going to be taken and used elsewhere?

Edward Emanuel

May 19, 2016, 10:26:31 AM5/19/16
to London Hackspace
Hi Tom, as part of the Plantable Foundation I can reply to this. Michael and I have talked about how these facilities can work at the space, as a community space it's important that it remains part of that community. It's not intended to be permanent, but stay as long as members are happy. Any legumes, roots, herbs, vegetables, fruits etc grown with these facilities are intended to be used by the community, rather than go to waste, it would allow the community to become self sufficient for grown food and promote health and wellbeing within the community. It could be supplementary to bbqs or events at the space, or even be a source of garnishes for members without the time or inclination to shop at multinational conglomerates whose activities rob biomes globally. I hope you get the picture!
Feel free to air any other concerns or questions as they arise, we hope this is the start of a more green future for the space!
E.

Tom Sands

May 19, 2016, 10:28:50 AM5/19/16
to London Hackspace
Whos going to maintain it?

Henry Sands

May 19, 2016, 10:31:15 AM5/19/16
to London Hackspace
That sounds more like an infrastructure project than a storage request, tbh.

Michael Trew

May 19, 2016, 10:43:59 AM5/19/16
to London Hackspace
the Plantable Initiative (currently Eddie and myself) will maintain it ..I agree that it sounds a bit more like an infrastructure project ...when the plants are growing nicely we'll certainly consider leaving them in the yard for everyone to enjoy ^_^

deanforbes

May 19, 2016, 11:14:44 AM5/19/16
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk
make sure you don't loose it

Actually if it is kept in good order and not abandoned after 17 days am OK with it

Edward Emanuel

May 19, 2016, 11:48:12 AM5/19/16
to London Hackspace
we'll keep it on a leash and call it Cerberus

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Jun 11, 2016, 1:07:33 PM6/11/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Unapproved with the reason 'date passed' by Timour chomilier

Edward Emanuel

Jun 12, 2016, 4:35:45 AM6/12/16
to London Hackspace
This project has not been abandoned we're waiting on parts delivery.

Mike

Jun 14, 2016, 6:32:47 AM6/14/16
On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 01:35:45AM -0700, Edward Emanuel wrote:
> This project has not been abandoned we're waiting on parts delivery.

If it's still in the Space, pleaes could you extend the storage request?

Thanks,
Mike.
signature.asc

Dave Mansfield

Jun 28, 2016, 10:50:02 AM6/28/16
to London Hackspace
Is there any update on this?

Lex Robinson

Jun 29, 2016, 3:49:00 AM6/29/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
One of these has been cut in half and each half filled with water then abandoned in the yard.
I don't know if it's from this project or not.

Dave Mansfield

Jul 7, 2016, 9:28:16 AM7/7/16
to London Hackspace, tre...@gmail.com
Could we get an update (or change the status if already removed)

Michael Trew

Jul 7, 2016, 10:17:47 AM7/7/16
to London Hackspace, tre...@gmail.com
sorry nothing has been updated to far ..I'll be working on the aquaponic system all day tomorrow, when I expect to make a new storage request, hopefully for something resulting in Hackspace infrastructure!

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Jul 15, 2016, 4:00:38 PM7/15/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
15th Jul 2016 - 6th Aug 2016
Request for 22 days in the yard (beside the compost bin)

Dave Mansfield

Jul 18, 2016, 6:42:48 AM7/18/16
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk, tre...@gmail.com
Is the plan to remove this on the 6th of August?

Dave Mansfield

Aug 23, 2016, 10:50:35 AM8/23/16
to London Hackspace, tre...@gmail.com
Can we get an update (or please update the storage ticket if already removed)

Michael Trew

Aug 24, 2016, 10:29:18 AM8/24/16
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Things have taken a bit longer than expected but the good news is that Eddie and I will definitely get the aquaponic system up and running next week.

I’ll be at the space all day this Saturday (Hack the Space Day), so then we can discuss the possibility of attaching our system to the existing hydroponic garden to become Hackspace infrastructure (otherwise we’ll remove it when the request expires).

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Aug 24, 2016, 10:30:35 AM8/24/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
24th Aug 2016 - 1st Oct 2016
Request for 1 month, 7 days in the yard (beside the compost bin)

Michael Trew

Aug 24, 2016, 11:28:52 AM8/24/16
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk
..as soon as the aquaponic garden is finished I'll propose creating an aquaponic gardening meetup group ^_^

Dave Mansfield

Aug 31, 2016, 11:49:58 AM8/31/16
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk
This storage does not seem to have been approved. Can we get an update (or please update the storage ticket if already removed).