Up for grabs - Mobility scooter parts/electric go-cart

Peter "Sci" Turpin

Apr 21, 2017, 9:11:51 AM4/21/17
to London Hackspace
I've collected parts from several of the junked mobility scooters left
in the yard scrap pile over the last year or so. The intent was to build
an electric go-cart for a friends cousin.

They're no longer interested in it tho, so the parts are up for grabs.
Nice steering front-end that will take bicycle handlebar stems or
similar, rear end with motor, controller and suspension. Also got the
seat from an electric wheelchair with seatbelts. Just weld it together,
tweak the controller and get some batteries.

I doubt anyone will want it returned to the hackspace scrap pile, so if
there's no interest it'll go to the dump.

Jon Russell

Apr 21, 2017, 10:03:00 AM4/21/17
to London Hackspace
I'm after two matching motors and wheels if you can spare them ?

Thanks

Jon.

Peter "Sci" Turpin

Apr 21, 2017, 10:22:10 AM4/21/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
That's not what I listed. At all. The collection has a single motor-axle.

Jon Russell

Apr 21, 2017, 10:32:09 AM4/21/17
to London Hackspace
Ok. No worries. Thanks.

Jon.

Sami

Apr 21, 2017, 2:02:40 PM4/21/17
to London Hackspace
I'd be interested in taking these. How big are the parts? I havent got a car so I'd have to move them by train

Peter "Sci" Turpin

Apr 21, 2017, 2:41:23 PM4/21/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
If you have a large hand-cart and wheelchair access stations, maybe?
It's fairly bulky stuff.

It's a bit covered in this pic and doesn't show the seat, but this may
give you an idea:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/86ogg3i1k4ohvuc/2017-04-14%2019.51.16.jpg?dl=0

The rear isn't currently connected, so unless you want me to tack weld
it, it's not going to roll on it's own.

Peter "Sci" Turpin

Apr 23, 2017, 3:41:53 PM4/23/17
to London Hackspace