[Trustee] Member storage removal deadline

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 11, 2017, 4:47:36 AM12/11/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Re: [Trustee] Member storage removal deadline REMINDER

"I am confused as to why a member of the board is opening it to public debate now, counter to those previous statements."

The simple fact is that in the light of both representations by various members and that we are still trying to establish where we are moving to and when, the previous plan to completely clear the members boxes etc. is no longer as important and indeed may be counter productive.

Members are still encouraged to remove their property but the hard deadline has been removed. There was a recent clearance of ex members boxes and the assorted unidentifiable stuff littering the shelving area. This, in conjunction with a steady stream of boxes leaving with their owners has already reduced a lot of the bulk.

Our focus at the moment is to secure a new premises and in the meantime keep the 'space as useable and as accessible as possible.

The trustees have received from members many leads to possible new properties all of which have been looked into. The trustees themselves have also spent considerable time looking for and enquiring about accommodation over a wide area.

Negotiations and advanced enquiries about several premises are ongoing and when we have an actual moving date we will advise accordingly.

 ANY MATERIALS OR OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CLEARLY MARKED AND SUBJECT TO A VALID STORAGE REQUEST ARE STILL LIABLE TO BE DISPOSED OF WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE

This has always been the case anyway.

Phil

Ioannes 8:32

Dec 11, 2017, 10:41:41 PM12/11/17
to London Hackspace
How is this being conveyed to members? There are some members who will have seen the previous signs and correctly read it as all members boxes being open for hacking on the first - needs at least as much signage explaining this is not the case now..

Henry Sands

Dec 12, 2017, 2:51:17 AM12/12/17
to London Hackspace
We'll probably send out an email to all members clarifying what is happening on the 1st.

If anyone's in the space, can you remove the posters place around about the removal deadline.

Kind regards,
Henry.

Adrian Godwin

Dec 12, 2017, 2:54:17 AM12/12/17
to london-hack-space
I don't see anything wrong with emptying the boxes by the 1st. It's the implied closure of everything else that's changed.

If you're concerned about your stuff, remove it anyway.

Calum Nicoll

Dec 12, 2017, 4:47:17 AM12/12/17
to London Hackspace
That isn't enough and this whole thread seems designed to be as confusing as possible.

1) is existing members boxes storage valid after 1st Jan?

2) are existing storage requests expiring after 1st Jan still valid?

3) are new storage requests being granted after the 1st Jan?

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 12, 2017, 5:14:23 AM12/12/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
(speaking as a private member)

It is being conveyed to members by posting to this mailing list which is the recognised channel of communication for all non-confidential administrative matters.

Being a reader of this mailing list is essential to all members of our community if they are to have any idea at all what is going on.

The signs that have been posted were produced in a fit of cathartic enthusiasm by a member who interpreted the original ML post as an invitation to enter upon an orgy of destruction at 00:01 on New Years Day. They have since been removed.

Members are still being encouraged to remove non essential stuff so If they have only seen the notices then there is little harm done.

(speaking as a trustee)

We are doing everything that we can to minimize disruption to the activities of the membership and sometimes that means we have to change things at short notice. Please watch this list, that is where you will hear about it.

Phil

Ioannes 8:32