Donations Offered

Greg Eales

Apr 25, 2016, 5:43:25 AM4/25/16
to London Hackspace
Hi,

I'm not yet a member, I'm just moving from South London to Hackney and am clearing out random bits I've been holding on to.

Some of it may be of interest to you, so I'll list it here and you can tell me which bits to bring.  Everything else is going to the local recycling centre.

If any of this stuff is useful I'll try to bring it over, hopefully it can be used somehow.

Greg

Greg Eales

Apr 25, 2016, 7:14:09 AM4/25/16
to London Hackspace
+ also some SODIMMs

Billy

Apr 25, 2016, 7:35:49 AM4/25/16
to London Hackspace

The audio equipment may be of use to the Music Hackspace.

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 12:14:09 PM UTC+1, Greg Eales wrote:
+ also some SODIMMs

Adrian Godwin

Apr 25, 2016, 8:10:44 AM4/25/16
to london-hack-space
The 8-gang socket strip would be useful in the space. Or if we've got enough, I'll gladly take it.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Greg Eales <0x006...@gmail.com> wrote:
+ also some SODIMMs

Tangent-man

Apr 29, 2016, 1:51:48 AM4/29/16
to London Hackspace
Could I have Mac - Mini & graph Paper please? :-)

Tangent-Man

Tangent-man

Apr 29, 2016, 1:53:14 AM4/29/16
to London Hackspace
Oh & books sound good,

Leads and electronic components would be good for the space no?

Jasper Wallace

Apr 29, 2016, 6:45:25 PM4/29/16
to London Hackspace
On Sat, 23 Apr 2016, Greg Eales wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm not yet a member, I'm just moving from South London to Hackney and am clearing out random bits I've been holding on to.
>
> Some of it may be of interest to you, so I'll list it here and you can tell me which bits to bring.  Everything else is going to the local recycling centre.
>
> * PPC Mac Mini with PSU
> * "Ferguson Hi-Fi System 30" Amp, only one channel works but I stuck two jack ports on the back with a passive mix circuit to you can listen to 'stereo'
> sources through the one channel.
> * Sony CDP-313 CD player, fully working (http://www.hifidatabase.com/Detailed/Sony_CDP-313_1042.php)
> * PS2 Keyboard
> * 2 x Apple keyboards, one with a non-functioning 'b' key, the other in parts (useful for spare keys for Macs)
> * MS mouse with a dodgy microswitch
> * Nebula DigiTV USB (http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/tv-tuner-cards/digitv-master-usb-2-0-39822/review)
> * RS brand 8 Gang Distribution Unit 5m Cable, 32A, 250V (http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/trailing-sockets-power-distribution/5000881/)

This would be useful for the space or at emfcamp.

> * 1x Indoor TV aerial
> * 1x Technika tt-02 powered indoor TV aerial (http://img.class.posot.es/en_gb/2015/08/05/Technika-tv-ariel-20150805103456.jpg)
> * 2 x microphones
> * 2 x old mobile phones
> * A pad of isometric paper
> * 9 x A4 exercise books, squared paper

The paper might be useful for the space, i've not seen isometric paper
before!

> * Draytek Vigor 2800 ADSL 2+ Router, no PSU (I know you don't generally want ADSL routers, but this one's a bit special and look to sell on eBay for £20)
> * A bag with lots of electronics components - unused resistors, Maplins recorder/playback board, battery holder, terminal blocks etc

Dump these in the electronics area, i'm sure people will find a use for
them.

> * Several books on Java, CSS, UML, BSD etc

If these are old then we don't need them, curious about the "BSD" book
tho.

Have a look at the hackspace library to get an idea of what we have and
what might be useful to donate.

> * 2x Wall mount speaker brackets
> * Various IEC leads, including several (useful!) IEC female to male extensions

We have loads of IEC male to female and don't need more. Normal 13Amp plug
to IEC we could do with more off tho.

> * + Perhaps some other things I find in that general ilk.
>
> If any of this stuff is useful I'll try to bring it over, hopefully it can be used somehow.
>

> Greg
>
> --

[http://pointless.net/] [0x416333590FC0E569]

Greg Eales

Apr 30, 2016, 11:44:08 AM4/30/16
to London Hackspace
Okay, great, it sounds like some of the stuff could be put to good use.

Basically, I'd like to bring a box of things it sounds like you might want and leave it somewhere on Tuesday evening (or maybe the Tuesday after), and let someone else deal with it.

If that sounds like I want to bring a box of rubbish and dump it in an awkward place then I'm sorry, that's not my intention.  Everything I want to give is either likely useful to someone in the space as it is (in my relatively well grounded imagination), or small enough to be picked apart for bits, or otherwise easy enough to be binned.

I have lived in a collaborative community in South London for long enough to know the frustration of sharing a space with lots of people who keep bringing tat along in the hope that "it might be useful" in some far distant possible future to be able to relatively well judge what is rubbish and what is worth keeping - even working against my own natural inclination towards borderline pathological compulsive hoarding - so I don't want to set of any alarm bells with the above honest expression of how I'd ideally like this to work out.

So it would be great if someone could tell me where to put the box.

Otherwise, if there is a better way for me to deal with this - a better time, place, and method - then someone tell me that, and I'll do it.

I can pretty much come along any time except when I'm busy - obviously - but by that I mean that I have no fixed times in the week when I'm not available, and given a bit of notice could probably do any time or day within reason.

What's the best thing to do?

It might be easier to drive it all in my car, but I'm sure I could bring it by bus, too.

Hope that sounds sane,

Greg

Peter A

Apr 30, 2016, 6:30:38 PM4/30/16
to London Hackspace
Hey Greg,

I think that sounds OK in theory but...

Someone kindly donated me a laptop in a similar fashion last year and before I could get to the 'Space (like 3 or 4 days or sumink) it got Jacked.

Would like to play with Mac-Mini as would like to install MorphOS, is it G3 or G4?

Can't make Tues eve very easily as working Tues day in Essex.

Are you about on Thursday?

Tangent-Man

Tangent-man

May 1, 2016, 1:00:39 PM5/1/16
to London Hackspace
I can meet you around your neck of the woods if you want? ...

Tangent-man

May 5, 2016, 5:04:21 PM5/5/16
to London Hackspace
Have you dropped this stuff off now Greg?

After the PPC Mac-Mini :-)

Tangent-Man

Greg Eales

May 7, 2016, 5:19:53 AM5/7/16
to London Hackspace
Hi, really sorry for disappearing!

Something came up and I had to run off and deal with it.

The stuff had now been successfully moved to the back of my car and is in Hackney.

You are welcome to the mac mini - I booted it up the other day and deleted the old users.

I am still going to be busy for a few days, but after that you can either pop over to mine and get whatever bits you're interested in, or better for me, maybe I could drive down to the space and you could show me where best to put all the bits you don't want?  Is it possible to park in the yard?  Do you have access to that?

Thanks,

Greg