[3D Printer] [training] Wednesday 29th of June, 7pm

timour chomilier

Jun 28, 2016, 6:25:57 PM6/28/16
to London Hackspace
First off, sorry for the late notice,

If you want training, you must read and follow all of this email. Items will be checked at the start of training, not having followed this email will invalidate you from being trained.

Training is now available to sign up for on the wiki for Wednesday 29th of June, 7pm. As always please note:
  • Training is open to a maximum of 5 pre booked places
  • Don't turn up if you don't have a pre booked slot
  • Training is £5 paid to the trainer at the end of the session and free if you have already been trained on the old printer
  • You must be already showing as a paid up member before booking a space.
  • You must list the exact name as is set on your membership account, this is so we can check your membership status. This must be your full name.
  • You must have an rfid card registered to your members account and bring it with you
  • If you cannot attend the session please remove your name and email this thread letting us know at least 4 hours before the training.
  • Late comers won't be permitted, please be punctual. If you are running late contact CptPrime on irc (links on the wiki)
  • If you fail to attend without prior notice you will be unable to sign up for training in the future
Sign up by adding your name to the list here:

CptPrime

p.s. if you are reading this email after the 30th of June you have missed the training, please don't reply to this thread. New training will be posted to the list once available to book for.

tgreer

Jun 28, 2016, 9:35:20 PM6/28/16
to London Hackspace
HS01750 has been removed from the training list for failing to comply with:

  • You must list the exact name as is set on your membership account, this is so we can check your membership status. This must be your full name.

A S

Jun 29, 2016, 3:24:28 AM6/29/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Tom, you know who I am. Timour knows who I am. I have been trained on the previous printer as such, as you can see on the wiki page, and you have my membership number to check if I'm a member. (Searching 1750 will equally bring me up on the members list, as would my name.)
I don't like putting my real name on the open internet, especially when adjacent to my pseudonym.
Thanks for your consideration,
_________
A930913

tgreer

Jun 29, 2016, 3:33:20 AM6/29/16
to London Hackspace
It's quite simple. The rules are there. Follow them and receive training, or don't and don't receive training.

Timour Chomilier

Jun 29, 2016, 4:08:47 AM6/29/16
to London Hackspace
Ariel,
There is stuff space, just put the proper name down and it will work, it's both for me checking that you are a paid member at the moment and in the future to check that you have indeed been trained

crysome moar

Jun 29, 2016, 6:37:05 AM6/29/16
to London Hackspace
How long does training usually take? I've got to be off before 8:30pm

Timour Chomilier

Jun 29, 2016, 7:02:19 AM6/29/16
to London Hackspace
45m-1h roughly

Billy

Jun 29, 2016, 9:50:23 AM6/29/16
to London Hackspace

I won't be able to make it tonight.

I was trained on the previous Lulzbot. I understand that the tool-chain is different from the earlier one that i was trained on.

Will there be training sessions specifically for the people who were taught to use the previous system?

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 12:02:19 PM UTC+1, Timour Chomilier wrote:
45m-1h roughly

Timour Chomilier

Jun 29, 2016, 11:37:46 AM6/29/16
to London Hackspace
Hi Billy,

no they wont be specific training sessions for people that have already been trained, just the regular ones.

Katherine Forster

Jun 29, 2016, 1:53:26 PM6/29/16
to London Hackspace
Oh shoot I've only just seen this. How long until the next one? Or is it an unknown...

Billy

Jun 29, 2016, 5:09:28 PM6/29/16
to London Hackspace

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 4:37:46 PM UTC+1, Timour Chomilier wrote:
Hi Billy,

no they wont be specific training sessions for people that have already been trained, just the regular ones.

Ok, but anyone who has done the old training, still needs to do the new training, yes?

tgreer

Jun 29, 2016, 5:35:47 PM6/29/16
to London Hackspace
Yes. The workflow has changed substantially, and the machine proceedures are different.