Microwave

Will Pearson

Nov 28, 2011, 1:19:51 PM11/28/11
to London Hackspace
The old one went phutz at some point (it was arcing), so we could do
with a new one.

Does anyone have one spare or, if people are checking freecycle for
things, could they keep an eye out for one?

Otherwise I'll start a pledge.

Will

Sam Kelly

Nov 28, 2011, 1:22:26 PM11/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Does that mean we can turn the old one into a death ray?
--
Sam Kelly, http://www.eithin.co.uk/

That's it.  We're not messing around anymore, we're buying a bigger dictionary.  -  Tibor Fischer, The Thought Gang.

Robert Leverington

Nov 28, 2011, 3:38:56 PM11/28/11
On 2011-11-28, Will Pearson wrote:
> The old one went phutz at some point (it was arcing), so we could do
> with a new one.
>
> Does anyone have one spare or, if people are checking freecycle for
> things, could they keep an eye out for one?

Someone has put what seems to be a microwave/oven/hob combinator in the
kitchen. Does anyone know if this is functional?

Robert

Robert Leverington

Nov 28, 2011, 3:39:23 PM11/28/11
On 2011-11-28, Sam Kelly wrote:
> Does that mean we can turn the old one into a death ray?

It was disposed of several weeks ago.

Robert

Adrian Godwin

Nov 28, 2011, 5:35:57 PM11/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
How about avoiding buying more kitchen equipment until we can use the
kitchen properly ?

I'm thinking of the ongoing building project to provide water and
electricity as well as the problem of keeping it clean.

-adrian

Aden

Nov 28, 2011, 5:54:08 PM11/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Good plan, ban cooking and cooking devices until the kitchen is sorted.

Billy

Nov 29, 2011, 7:23:59 AM11/29/11
to London Hackspace

I think that the old microwave was dismantled for the transformers to
make a DIY arc-welder.

Nov 29, 2011, 7:39:25 AM11/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I dunno if industrial type ones can be fixed, but my mate is chucking
out an oven thing and a microwave. unknown if working, but they were
there when he took over the shop. We suspect not working, but its
really useful/cool stuff, if anyone knows how to repair that kinda
stuff.

--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Billy

Nov 29, 2011, 12:41:11 PM11/29/11
to London Hackspace

Industrial quality machinery can almost always be fixed. They're
designed for this, it's one of the reasons they cost more.

The components usually tend to be of higher quality too.

How big are they?

If we can't repair them, we'll cannibilize them for parts...

Adrian Godwin

Nov 29, 2011, 12:43:20 PM11/29/11
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Billy <bi...@billycomputersmith.com> wrote:

> Industrial quality machinery can almost always be fixed. They're
> designed for this, it's one of the reasons they cost more.
>
> The components usually tend to be of higher quality too.
>
> How big are they?
>
> If we can't repair them, we'll cannibilize them for parts...

Just make sure they don't come with pets.

-adrian

Nin Lil'izi

Nov 29, 2011, 8:00:12 PM11/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Resending, as not sure if previous attempt bounced or my mail client is lieing to me...

I have a nearly new one that I don't need and will likely just go in a
skip end of the week. Purely because finding it a loving home is beyond
my organisational skills.
Downside. It is in Berkshire, and I am limited to public transport and
what I can carry.
I'm not particularly large. So a microwave is a long way beyond what I
shift myself.
But if anybody is able to pick it up during a random morning in the next
couple of days feel free.

Regards,
Nin lil'izi

Skype: Nin-lil-izi
GPG Fingerprint: C510 909B 811E D6F5 0DFF 5D91 CF03 8FEA FD69 4622
signature.asc

Jakob

Nov 30, 2011, 6:58:37 AM11/30/11
to London Hackspace
Hope someone pass your way to Hackspace. What about a currier, is that
more expensive than a new one? Otherwise if you have something with
wheels that fit the micro, you might be able to roll the micro to the
Hackspace next time you are on your way - Go creative!

On 30 Nov, 01:00, Nin Lil'izi <nin-lil-...@phoenixhaven.net> wrote:
> Resending, as not sure if previous attempt bounced or my mail client is
> lieing to me...
>
> I have a nearly new one that I don't need and will likely just go in a
> skip end of the week. Purely because finding it a loving home is beyond
> my organisational skills.
> Downside. It is in Berkshire, and I am limited to public transport and
> what I can carry.
> I'm not particularly large. So a microwave is a long way beyond what I
> shift myself.
> But if anybody is able to pick it up during a random morning in the next
> couple of days feel free.
>
> Regards,

> /Nin lil'izi/

> Skype: Nin-lil-izi
> GPG Fingerprint: C510 909B 811E D6F5 0DFF 5D91 CF03 8FEA FD69 4622
>
> On 28/11/11 18:19, Will Pearson wrote:
>

> > The old one went phutz at some point (it was arcing), so we could do
> > with a new one.
>
> > Does anyone have one spare or, if people are checking freecycle for
> > things, could they keep an eye out for one?
>
> > Otherwise I'll start a pledge.
>
> >   Will
>

>  signature.asc
> < 1KVisaHämta

Nin Lil'izi

Nov 30, 2011, 7:11:18 AM11/30/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
If people want it.... I can try and figure something.
It is quite a smart looking one.

But people have to say now... As it is at the place I've just moved out of. And I have to hand the keys in by friday. And just don't have any room for it in the caravan I've just moved into

I could possibly get it a lift to where I'm staying. Then just drag it the last 15miles into Waterloo using public transport. But somebody would have to meet me at Waterloo to take it off me.
A good strong man prob would not have much trouble with it.
I'm a female with the upper body strength of somebody who never lifts a thing heavier than her mouse.

I don't want anything for it. So would be a no-strings donation :)

Regards,
Nin lil'izi

Skype: Nin-lil-izi
GPG Fingerprint: C510 909B 811E D6F5 0DFF 5D91 CF03 8FEA FD69 4622
signature.asc

Billy

Nov 30, 2011, 8:08:27 AM11/30/11
to London Hackspace

I can bike-trailer it to the space.

Let me know when it's convenient to pick it up from Waterloo.

On Nov 30, 12:11 pm, Nin Lil'izi <nin-lil-...@phoenixhaven.net> wrote:
> If people want it.... I can try and figure something.
> It is quite a smart looking one.
>
> But people have to say now... As it is at the place I've just moved out
> of. And I have to hand the keys in by friday. And just don't have any
> room for it in the caravan I've just moved into
>
> I could possibly get it a lift to where I'm staying. Then just drag it
> the last 15miles into Waterloo using public transport. But somebody
> would have to meet me at Waterloo to take it off me.
> A good strong man prob would not have much trouble with it.
> I'm a female with the upper body strength of somebody who never lifts a
> thing heavier than her mouse.
>
> I don't want anything for it. So would be a no-strings donation :)
>
> Regards,

>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

Adrian Godwin

Nov 30, 2011, 10:57:51 AM11/30/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I wish there was as much enthusiasm, cooperation and offers of help to
keep the kitchen clean as there is to supply it with appliances.

-adrian