Metalwork training - Boxford CNC mill and Metal Lathe

Alex McConnachie

Oct 13, 2016, 9:12:17 AM10/13/16
to London Hackspace
Hello, anybody free soon to give me the induction on both of these machines? (obviously at different times if needs be) I'm free to take time out of work for it so any time is good.

I would turn up to the metal bashers but they haven't been in for the last few sessions hence asking here.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Calum Nicoll

Oct 13, 2016, 12:21:47 PM10/13/16
to London Hackspace
I am also super keen for inductions, and super flexible as to times!

Cheers
Calum

Victor Ivanov

Oct 13, 2016, 7:53:07 PM10/13/16
to London Hackspace
Me too! Very flexible and keen!

Victor

Cass M

Oct 15, 2016, 8:26:42 AM10/15/16
to London Hackspace
I am very keen as well. Less flexible (wednesdays or weekends), but obviously I won't kick up a stink if it makes sense to do a training session when I can't make it.

Des Quilty

Oct 15, 2016, 8:53:40 AM10/15/16
to London Hackspace
Liam and Andy would normally do that type of training. Not sure if they are around at the moment..

Jonathan Slater

Oct 16, 2016, 12:24:57 PM10/16/16
to London Hackspace
I am another keen and flexible one! Looks like us Keen and flexibles will reach critical mass soon. I am very new to LHS... Is it a case of waiting for Liam or Andy to notice this post and arrange something or do us keen and flexibles have to be a little more proactive and hunt one of them down? ;-)

Adrian Godwin

Oct 16, 2016, 1:36:01 PM10/16/16
to london-hack-space
Best to hunt them down. Tea and cakes will help.

deanforbes

Oct 16, 2016, 5:53:44 PM10/16/16
to London Hackspace
currently

The interact has a faulty encoder
The Gantry needs to be re-calibrated
The Boxford need the software and coolant system sorting

Before youu ask for an induction please ensure you meet the criteria set out wiki links at

CNC is not trivial - If you want to get started machining it may be prudent to get some time in on a manual mill to gain an understanding and feel, in preparation for this I would sugget the MIT video's

Jeremy Bond

Oct 18, 2016, 2:10:21 PM10/18/16
to London Hackspace
Hi,
Has anyone managed to discuss with one of the trainers, I've got experience on both and would like to be inducted if possible?  Flexible for times.

Cheers
Jeremy

Alex McConnachie

Oct 26, 2016, 5:51:09 AM10/26/16
to London Hackspace
If training on the manual mill is required I'm happy to undergo that first, I have some experience with metalwork on lathe and mill previously but it was a long time ago. I'll check out those videos when I have a moment,

Cheers,

Alex

Patrick Dent

Oct 26, 2016, 7:58:58 PM10/26/16
to London Hackspace
BTW, you will all be happy to hear that I have improved the coolant system on the Boxford milling machine.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m79868btv6rp0mr/2016-10-26%2002.19.27.jpg?dl=0

deanforbes

Oct 27, 2016, 5:18:36 AM10/27/16
to London Hackspace

Hacking and modding equipment

You are not allowed to do this. Equipment is there for everyone to use, and they expect it to be left in a standard reliable state. If "maintenance" starts to require making permanent changes to the equipment, you get permission from the mailing list first before starting work on it.

Patrick

What you have done is fine but is not the only issue, the machine was in a state two day ago and only by asking did I find out who it was,

In the case of the CNC kit no changes or calibrations should happen with out talking to the maintainer first

Florian Schweiger

Nov 8, 2016, 10:52:21 AM11/8/16
to London Hackspace
Hi! I'm also very keen to get an induction to the metalwork tools, including lathe and mills (manual and CNC). I'll try the MetalBashers' Wednesday meetup, but if there's any induction organised otherwise, please count me in!
Florian

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 14:12:17 UTC+1, Alex McConnachie wrote:
Message has been deleted

Luke Harris

Nov 15, 2016, 9:40:48 AM11/15/16
to London Hackspace
also keen and flexible!

Neerav

Nov 26, 2016, 5:20:02 PM11/26/16
to London Hackspace
Hello all, yes I would be interested in induction for these machines for sure.

Kind Regards

Neerav

Diego Vega

Nov 26, 2016, 7:48:59 PM11/26/16
to London Hackspace
Hi Guys, I'm very keen to get an induction on those machines  as well!

Thanks a lot
Best Regards

Vega

Damian Pajak

Jan 19, 2017, 7:33:32 AM1/19/17
to London Hackspace
Looking to get induction on the Mills / CNC. I've experience in machine shops & CAD, working on the CAM training ready for when these babies are online !

Any idea when training will be available ?

Thanks

Damian

Damian Pajak

Jan 19, 2017, 7:33:32 AM1/19/17
to London Hackspace
Pretty keen to get inducted on the CNC / Mills too ... Any idea when training will be able to start ?

Thanks

deanforbes

Jan 19, 2017, 7:50:33 AM1/19/17
to London Hackspace

Damian Pajak

Jan 30, 2017, 12:13:32 PM1/30/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Dean, I've added myself to the list but would this include induction on the Bridgeport which is the main machine I'm hoping to get signed off on. Are there any dates set as yet ?

Thanks

Damian

Director
Mowlem St Studios