New member.

Matthew Hughes

Jan 21, 2017, 2:28:39 PM1/21/17
to London Hackspace
Hi.

I have just signed up and set up my standing order. Unfortunately I cannot make Tuesdays, and would be grateful to know if there are any other days which I could come down (for the first time). I could do tomorrow? Or if this is inconvenient I could arrange another day? But weekends tend to work best.

Apologies if this post is unjustified, I have read through the FAQ's and found something similar, but it didn't answer my question reassuringly.

Could somebody also tell me what I need to do once I arrive. I assume there is some sort of bell?

Thanks!

JJ

Jan 21, 2017, 3:01:07 PM1/21/17
to London Hackspace
There's no guarantee of anyone being there at any time or obligation to open the door if they are but Saturday and Sunday afternoons are always a good bet and if no-one opens the front door then as a member you can access the back gate code via the members part of the website and get into the yard where you can explain what you need to someone working or coming out for a smoke.

You can also check the doorbot activity in the main IRC channel which will give you a good idea how busy it is or view the CCTV on the website.

Once inside there's a membership kiosk where you can register your card. You'll need the username and password that you registered with to access that.

JJ

Matthew Hughes

Jan 21, 2017, 3:10:52 PM1/21/17
to London Hackspace
Thanks you JJ.

Apologies for going off topic here, but would you be able to explain what the IRC is and how I use it? I have seen it mentioned around a few times, but it seems alien to me.

Thanks again

Jan Szumiec

Jan 22, 2017, 5:53:54 AM1/22/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com