Any interests in a Rhinoceros3D intro tutorial?

Miles Rees Spear

Jun 26, 2017, 10:34:36 AM6/26/17
to London Hackspace
Hi guys,

New member here. I was just wondering if there was any interest in an intro to Rhino workshop? I would probably plan the workshop to show an easy workflow for creating a model and exporting it for fabrication (laser cutting and 3rd printing). Could also brainstorm with people who have some project ideas and want to figure out the best way to do them. I have created a wiki entry on the workshops page if people want to show interest there or just respond here? Not sure the best way to get that going.

For people curious what Rhino3D is here is a link: https://www.rhino3d.com

Free trial is 90 days so no worries about getting the software if you want to try it out (Mac and PC): https://www.rhino3d.com/download

Cheers,

Miles

Jack London

Jun 26, 2017, 7:10:05 PM6/26/17
to London Hackspace
Yes please!!!!!

Connor Shearwood

Jun 27, 2017, 6:18:10 AM6/27/17
to London Hackspace

I'd be very interested

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017, 00:10 Jack London, <jacklondo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes please!!!!!

superblinky

Jun 27, 2017, 8:41:18 AM6/27/17
to London Hackspace
+1 Interested

Edward

Jun 28, 2017, 7:24:56 AM6/28/17
to London Hackspace
Yep

Sophia

Jun 29, 2017, 3:25:15 PM6/29/17
to London Hackspace
I would be very interested too! Hoping it's at a time/date when I could free myself up to join.

Miles Rees Spear

Jun 30, 2017, 6:29:59 AM6/30/17
to London Hackspace
Ok great, that's more than enough interest as far as I'm concerned. Let me work on getting the presentation together and then I will get back to all of you about trying to pick the best day to do it.

Cheers,

Miles

Zara Ramsay

Jul 3, 2017, 10:45:58 AM7/3/17
to London Hackspace
Interested!

James Tregaskis

Jul 4, 2017, 2:17:10 AM7/4/17
to London Hackspace

Miles Rees Spear

Jul 26, 2017, 10:30:50 AM7/26/17
to London Hackspace
Hi Guys,

Finally getting this organized, expect it to be sometime mid August. I have made a quick survey so that I can make this as useful as possible to the people attending and so it can be a little more tailored to match all of our abilities. If you could all go to this google doc, copy the questions and paste them underneath in the same doc with your answers that would be very helpful.

Cheers!

Miles

Miles Rees Spear

Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:08 PM7/26/17
to London Hackspace

Bolor Amgalan

Aug 3, 2017, 12:01:56 PM8/3/17
to London Hackspace
done! Would definitely like to join!

James Tregaskis

Aug 4, 2017, 2:18:58 AM8/4/17
to London Hackspace
Interested yes please

James

sutherl...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 9:00:41 AM8/10/17
to London Hackspace
So Miles,

Is this workshop still potentially happening?
Hope to hear from you.

Nat.

sutherl...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 9:00:41 AM8/10/17
to London Hackspace

Aaron Ryan

Aug 13, 2017, 9:47:36 AM8/13/17
to London Hackspace
Hello,

I emailed briefly with Miles a few days back about helping run the Rhino 3D workshop...he seemed interested in that proposal.  I have taught Beginning through Advanced classes for Rhino 3D in the past and would love to perhaps start a series of workshops that explore the role of Rhino 3D and perhaps Grasshopper (the free parametric modelling plugin) in a design/ fabrication pipeline.

I'm new to the Hackspace, so I don't really know the protocol for pushing this along, helping set up a time and classroom, and all of those things, but I'm happy to do a workshop ASAP.

Aaron Ryan