Anyone got a spare laptop for sale?

Billy

Dec 11, 2017, 5:29:27 PM12/11/17
to London Hackspace

A friend's laptop has died.

I'd give him one put together from the spares that i've got, but he needs it to be an i5 as a minimum spec, for the software he needs to run. I don't have a spare machine of that spec.

Any got one going spare?

Billy

Dec 12, 2017, 9:25:14 AM12/12/17
to London Hackspace

Thank you to everyone who offered to help.

We've got a machine sorted out. :D

Hackspace helps out again. :D

Graham Perdeaux

Dec 12, 2017, 12:08:31 PM12/12/17
to London Hackspace
Maybe no-one on this list had a secondhand laptop of that spec for sale?

I have one, but it's a Pentium. So I didn't bother making unnecessary noise by posting that.

Trying to make your problem someone else's problem, wins no friends.

Adrian Godwin

Dec 12, 2017, 8:04:27 PM12/12/17
to london-hack-space
I think you need to read Billy's post again. He found a solution with help from the list.

Billy

Dec 13, 2017, 1:38:08 AM12/13/17
to London Hackspace

It needed the minimum spec because he wants to do video editing with it, but couldn't afford to replace his broken one with a new machine.

Another member emailed directly to me with the offer of a laptop that could do the job.

Two other folk also emailed me with offers, but we'd already said yes to the first one.

Again, thank you to everyone who offered to help. :D

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM, 'Graham Perdeaux' via London Hackspace <london-h...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Maybe no-one on this list had a secondhand laptop of that spec for sale?

I have one, but it's a Pentium. So I didn't bother making unnecessary noise by posting that.

Trying to make your problem someone else's problem, wins no friends.

John Stilia

Dec 13, 2017, 2:03:27 AM12/13/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
 Hi

I ve got a spare one

It is a Toshiba satélite

Prestige condition
With 120GB 4gb ram
Can’t remember processing power

It’s yours for £90

Stilia...@gmail.com PM if you are interested.

Ps it runs Linux currently big I can put windows.

Sent from my iPhone

Billy

Dec 13, 2017, 6:48:14 AM12/13/17
to London Hackspace

Thank you for the offer, but we've got one sorted out already. :D