Lasercutter out of action - tube death

Charles Yarnold

Jan 24, 2012, 6:35:28 PM1/24/12
to Hackspace Mailing List
Hello all,

Sadly another tube bites the dust, even with perfect alignment and clean optics we are getting hardly any power out of the tube. This has happened over the last couple of days and is in-line with expected behaviour of a normal tube death.

I am in talks with HPC Laser to get in a replacement tube and set of optics, no date of arrival as of yet.

To prevent members still using the cutter (running jobs as multiple cuts over the same area buggers optics), I have disabled the cutter from engaging the tube.

Lets hope tube 4 has a long life,

Sol

Benjamin Blundell

Jan 25, 2012, 5:09:30 AM1/25/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Wao! we really do burn through them! Thanks Charles!
(>) SECTION9 * Benjamin Blundell * Digital Creative * London & Manchester
(>) o...@section9.co.uk * www.section9.co.uk
(>) www.twitter.com/secti0n9 * www.flickr.com/photos/section9

Toby Catlin

Jan 25, 2012, 5:13:54 AM1/25/12