old bicycle.

peterd...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 9:13:49 AM5/5/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Just brought in an old bicycle and printed a "hack me label". Went to have a look at the bike bits in the basement, which was nicely cleaned up. Started wondering whether my donation would be appreciated and after reading the donation FAQ I'm starting to think not. Just checking.

Mark Steward

May 5, 2015, 9:15:04 AM5/5/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, probably not, I'm afraid. We have to pay for waste disposal.

Are there any useful bits that you can disassemble and put in the bike bits drawers, and then take the rest away?

Thanks,
Mark

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 2:12 PM, <peterd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just brought in an old bicycle and printed a "hack me label". Went to have a look at the bike bits in the basement, which was nicely cleaned up. Started wondering whether my donation would be appreciated and after reading the donation FAQ I'm starting to think not. Just checking.

peterd...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 4:04:10 PM5/5/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Cool, will get rid of it tomorrow.

theb...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 4:39:41 AM5/6/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Bikeworks 138-140, Cambridge Heath Rd do workshops and second hand bike pieces, they seem to take bike donations.

peterd...@gmail.com

May 11, 2015, 1:30:52 PM5/11/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I got distracted and left it a week. ( bad Pete) I came in to take it away only to see someone had sort of rubbed the hack me sticker of and put a new old brake on it. There's still no lock on it so I'm not sure whether it has a new owner but it might do, so I'm leaving it for now. I'll keep an eye out to see whether it is actually in use.

Charles Yarnold

May 11, 2015, 2:09:31 PM5/11/15
to Hackspace Mailing List

Please remove it...

On 11 May 2015 18:30, <peterd...@gmail.com> wrote:
I got distracted and left it a week. ( bad Pete) I came in to take it away only to see someone had sort of rubbed the hack me sticker of and put a new old brake on it. There's still no lock on it so I'm not sure whether it has a new owner but it might do, so I'm leaving it for now. I'll keep an eye out to see whether it is actually in use.

Philip Roy (cepmender)

May 11, 2015, 11:39:57 PM5/11/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday I  followed the instructions (Hack Me) and replaced the ridiculously heavy forks with some nicer ones, fitted new wheels, a carrier and roughly adjusted everything.
As part of this process I stripped two of the bikes that had expired NOD of the few useable bits they held and scrapped the frames.

An interesting exercise in the very welcome sunshine of the yard but on taking it for a spin, it was not to my liking (the geometry is all wrong for me, making it uncomfortable to ride) and as another member showed an interest in taking it , I left it to him.

If it is not gone by
Thursday, I have a cunning plan to re-purpose it and will remove it to an undisclosed location elsewhere.

Phil ye modiphier of phrames

Ioannes 8:32