Hackspace games days: game harder

Sam Cook

Jan 7, 2012, 10:40:22 AM1/7/12
to Hackspace Mailing List
Hey guys

A while ago I proposed having semi-regular board games days at the hackspace. Would people be interested in resurrecting this?

I think that if we try to host on different days it means that the most people can hopefully come along. Maybe starting on a Sunday so that long games can be explained and played? (rather than the standard for me and my friends which is we get part-way through the explanation, try playing and run out of time anyway).

Thoughts?

Matt Peperell

Jan 7, 2012, 10:58:19 AM1/7/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

I'd be interested in this and have multiple games that I could bring along.

George Buckenham

Jan 7, 2012, 11:17:40 AM1/7/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I am interested and would like to come along. I think it'd be better if they were regular rather than semi-regular - it's easier to remember they're happening and come along. Once a month/every fortnight? A Sunday sounds good though.

--G

Sam Cook

Jan 7, 2012, 11:53:52 AM1/7/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
first one on the 15th Jan? I'd love to get a game of illuminati going

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 7, 2012, 1:17:42 PM1/7/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I have a Ludo board....

Phil

--
" et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos. "

Kirsten Skillen

Jan 7, 2012, 7:20:17 PM1/7/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I bought app player board game at Christmas

Andrew Black

Jan 7, 2012, 7:21:11 PM1/7/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
+1

Catherine Flick

Jan 8, 2012, 11:36:22 AM1/8/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm definitely interested, but as I said on twitter, can't do Sundays. I've played lots of games before, and from experience as long as a few people know how to play, those who don't can pick it up as they go, with only brief introduction :) So I'm sure a couple of days could be fine, perhaps alternating fortnights Sunday and an early-starting weeknight, so once a month of each, or something?

Cheers, Catie

Martin

Jan 9, 2012, 4:21:35 AM1/9/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
cool, I'll come armed with dice and beer ... be warned

ATNMY

Jan 9, 2012, 12:34:58 PM1/9/12
to London Hackspace
BigThumbsUp from me

Sam - Illuminati sounds good, what sort of start time are we thinking
on the 15th?

Rich.

On Jan 9, 9:21 am, Martin <crysi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> cool, I'll come armed with dice and beer ... be warned
>

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Catherine Flick <lie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm definitely interested, but as I said on twitter, can't do Sundays.
> > I've played lots of games before, and from experience as long as a few
> > people know how to play, those who don't can pick it up as they go, with
> > only brief introduction :) So I'm sure a couple of days could be fine,
> > perhaps alternating fortnights Sunday and an early-starting weeknight, so
> > once a month of each, or something?
>
> > Cheers, Catie

Sam Cook

Jan 9, 2012, 2:32:45 PM1/9/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Right I've added this to the calendar with a start time of 12:00

I have no idea if I'll be there before or after this but it seems a sane time as any to start.

Quim

Jan 9, 2012, 2:17:54 PM1/9/12
to London Hackspace
Does anyone know how to play go?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)
that's really cool!!!

Paul Dart

Jan 11, 2012, 4:05:12 AM1/11/12
On 9 January 2012 19:17, Quim <qui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to play go?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)
> that's really cool!!!

Lizard taught me last night! :D
Thanks Lizzard!

We should play more games of this ilk.

Paul

Jim MacArthur

Jan 11, 2012, 4:29:34 AM1/11/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 9 January 2012 19:17, Quim <qui...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know how to play go?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)
that's really cool!!!

I can play Go, not well, but I can play. Happy to play a game if I make it to a games day.

Jim

Sam Cook

Jan 11, 2012, 8:03:52 AM1/11/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I've lost a couple of games of Go and depending on what's happening I'd be happy to try again. I have a set with a roll out board but if I get there early enough I'll get another laser cut board sorted.

I'll also be bringing backgammon (in addition to illuminati and gloom).

phil jones

Jan 11, 2012, 8:28:50 AM1/11/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Just to say, I'm very up for Illuminati. Looking forward to it.

phil

Sam Cook

Jan 11, 2012, 8:33:45 AM1/11/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Should hopefully be able to get a big game going. It's been far too long since I last played it.

Jim MacArthur

Jan 13, 2012, 6:31:03 AM1/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to games on Sunday. Are we holding this in the space?

Jim

tom

Jan 13, 2012, 6:40:48 AM1/13/12
to London Hackspace
oh oh oh that pub in hackney!!

On Jan 13, 11:31 am, Jim MacArthur <j...@mode7.co.uk> wrote:
> Looking forward to games on Sunday. Are we holding this in the space?
>
> Jim

Jim MacArthur

Jan 13, 2012, 6:45:33 AM1/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The Pembury? I like that place, and I'm happy gaming in the hackspace too; whichever gets us the most people, I guess.

tom

Jan 13, 2012, 6:56:42 AM1/13/12
to London Hackspace
and whichever annoys the least :)

(tom does not have his trolling hat on today)

On Jan 13, 11:45 am, Jim MacArthur <j...@mode7.co.uk> wrote:
> The Pembury? I like that place, and I'm happy gaming in the hackspace too;
> whichever gets us the most people, I guess.

Stephen Early

Jan 13, 2012, 7:39:33 AM1/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Oh, that's funny.  Entirely independently I was planning on playing Illuminati with some friends on Sunday anyway!  Perhaps I ought to invite them all along to the hackspace.

phil jones

Jan 13, 2012, 7:53:13 AM1/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Now I'm confused. So where IS it taking place?

phil

Adrian Godwin

Jan 13, 2012, 7:54:12 AM1/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Tom's going to Steve's pub and Steve's going to the hackspace.

phil jones

Jan 13, 2012, 7:58:55 AM1/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that helped a lot.

Sam Cook

Jan 13, 2012, 12:17:07 PM1/13/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It's at the hackspace (well myself and my games will be at the hackspace)

Sam Cook

Jan 14, 2012, 11:33:01 AM1/14/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Just as a reminder this is tomorrow from about midday.

See you there!

Matt Peperell

Jan 15, 2012, 7:45:37 AM1/15/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I shall head out with a load of games. Will be there around 2pm.

MattP

Sam Cook

Jan 16, 2012, 5:53:22 AM1/16/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
So it's been and gone, who wants another and when? There were a few calls for a non-Sunday day next so would we like a Saturday or a weeknight (or another Sunday)

Either way thanks to everyone who turned up, I hope you enjoyed it and I'll try and get some more of my games up for the next one.

Cheers