Company hack days / tech talks open to outsiders ?

makoto

Dec 4, 2014, 6:00:38 AM12/4/14
to london-d3-j...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

It's a bit off topic but may fit into this google group subscribers.

I am assuming that many companies organise internal hack days or some "lunch time tech talks" occasionally.

Are there any companies that open their internal events to external people?

I found that visiting other company for hack day or lunch time talk session very fun and wondering if there are regular opportunities.

I've been talking about organising weekend hackdays but it may be also fun to occasionally join other company's lunch time event, etc.

Cheers.

Makoto

Richard Birkby

Dec 4, 2014, 6:10:03 AM12/4/14
to london-d3-j...@googlegroups.com
Follow @jghackers. We are fairly 'open' and regularly have #justsharing events for other people.
Not much d3 though…

Richard

David Burrows

Dec 4, 2014, 8:20:52 AM12/4/14
to london-d3-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Makoto,

Pivotal do lunchtime tech talks that are open to non-employees - http://www.meetup.com/Pivotal-Labs-Tech-Talks/

--
David Burrows
079 1234 2125

Makoto Inoue

Dec 4, 2014, 8:26:23 AM12/4/14
to london-d3-j...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. Ahhh, just missed the latest Pivotal talk...