Additional venues

Nigel

Feb 13, 2013, 6:05:29 AM2/13/13
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
After mid-April the Moorgate location will no longer be available, so we're looking for one or more new locations. Apart from people's offices, I'm looking at pub meeting rooms, as they are often bigger than typical meeting rooms/board-rooms, and are usually free (they make money from orders at the bar).

Obviously we need a nice room, plenty of seating and tables, and decent WiFi. And of course good beer! :-)

If anyone has used and can recommend a pub's meeting room I'd be delighted to take advice.

Thanks,

Fox

Rupert Wood

Feb 13, 2013, 6:50:42 AM2/13/13
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
Pub sounds better, but I can probably volunteer our office as a fall-back: we have a large table in our break room (seating 25+?) we could use, and a meeting room of similar size to Badoo's as well. The down-side is that it's not central: we're up in Kentish Town. (We're throwing our company birthday party the evening of Friday 22nd if anyone wants to drop in for a look and a beer, but the table will almost certainly be packed away.)

If Kentish Town is workable then I can ask at our local pubs here: we have some nice gastro pubs with real ales and rooms upstairs, but I'm not sure they're big enough and I'm not sure they have wi-fi.

mani

Feb 21, 2013, 1:59:59 PM2/21/13
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
There are couple of venue that I find a good place to gather and they have free wi-fi, and are spacious - i.e Barbican centre and Royal Festival Hall South Bank !

Cheers,
mani

Fox

Feb 26, 2013, 5:17:40 AM2/26/13
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
The venue needs to be able to accommodate 20+ people with Wifi in relative quiet - just plonking ourselves down in a public area won't be good for us or the other patrons, hence me thinking about pub function rooms - they're nearly always free (especially on an early in the week night) and usually quiet, plus there's good availability of food and drink.

N.

dykang

Mar 1, 2013, 11:42:11 AM3/1/13
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
Depending on the needs and frequency I could probably offer my office as a fall-back as well. We have a space we use specifically for events. We're located in Covent Garden and while not a pub, there are a few quite nearby. If the frequency and size were low enough, I could probably provide Peroni as well.

Fox

Mar 5, 2013, 6:14:50 AM3/5/13
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the offer!

Can I please pop by one evening after work and take a look?

Thanks,

Fox