Meetups!

Jean-Paul Sauve

Apr 28, 2014, 5:25:20 PM4/28/14
to lo...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!
I'm done school now, and I'm interested in starting some meetups.
I've done work on lolug.ca including an events calendar and mapping, and our first (tentative) event is posted there!
I've set it for Saturday, May 17th, at Milos' downtown. Check the calendar and event for info.
As the Ubuntu-ca-london contact, I believe that I will be receiving a shipment of Ubuntu 14.04 DVDs, so I will be bringing those for distribution as well.
I'm leaving registration on the website closed for now, at least until it's moderately safe, but if you are interested in joining I'll get you set up at the meeting, or at least take down your email address for later authorization.
There is a new twitter account that you can follow @LondonLUG and a hashtag to use is #lolug
Hopefully we get a lot of interest!
Jean-Paul

PS - I tried to join this group with my lolug.ca email address and post this message, but I'm too impatient to wait for the list maintainer to accept me, so please forgive me if this message appears twice (or thrice!)

Jean-Paul Sauve

Apr 29, 2014, 1:12:25 PM4/29/14
to lo...@googlegroups.com
Not a single view? Am I to take it this list is dead now? For anyone that comes across this message, the above meeting will happen regardless of other replies (or lack thereof).

Doug Stewart

Apr 29, 2014, 1:16:23 PM4/29/14
to lo...@googlegroups.com

I am here!!!!!!!

I will try to meet with you.
Doug Stewart

On Apr 29, 2014 1:12 PM, "Jean-Paul Sauve" <liberala...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not a single view? Am I to take it this list is dead now? For anyone that comes across this message, the above meeting will happen regardless of other replies (or lack thereof).

Jean-Paul Sauve

Apr 29, 2014, 1:41:11 PM4/29/14
to lo...@googlegroups.com
Great! I look forward to meeting you. I noticed that you popped in to irc, but likely couldn't talk. That was a misconfiguration, and should be fixed now. I also added a message to the site's irc portal so that people can msg me if they have trouble. You can come back!
JP

Matt Ward

Apr 30, 2014, 12:51:17 PM4/30/14
to lo...@googlegroups.com