How to remove Octave from thr compile list of update manager?

Doug Stewart

Mar 29, 2010, 9:12:52 AM3/29/10
to lo...@googlegroups.com

Hi all.
   I have a very basic question.

   Some time ago I down loaded Octave source files and tried to compile it. There are some missing files, and I didn't get it to compile. I don't have the time right now to solve these problems, so I just left it hanging.

  The problem is that now when update manager download new updates and installs them it alwasy ends up recompiling Octave and reporting the errors. How do I remove Octave from the compile list of update manager?

Doug Stewart

Nick Saika

Mar 29, 2010, 10:01:35 AM3/29/10
to The London Ontario Linux User's Group (LOLUG)
Which distribution are you running?

If you are running Debian - or anything similar (Ubuntu, Mint, etc.) -
open up your package manager of choice and tell it to "hold" the
Octave package at the current state (in Aptitude, press the equals-
sign "=").

If you're running any other distribution, someone else might have to
pipe in.

Doug Stewart

Mar 29, 2010, 10:21:09 AM3/29/10
to lo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nick
I am running Ubuntu.
I have the problem solved now.

I must have had a bad download of Octave, because now after a complete removal and reinstall the error is gone.

Doug Stewart