Lojban coming to Vivaldi web browser

la gleki

Mar 16, 2015, 12:42:03 PM3/16/15
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Vivaldi is a new web browser that is right now at the stage of alpha testing.

You may install it as your second browser and try Lojban localization.

Select Lojban while installing or do that after the installation in "Settings".
You should take into account the following considerations:

* the translation hasn't been tested yet
* while translating I tried not to use new words where possible and where I couldn't I resorted to zi'evla/fu'ivla but not lujvo since jvajvo/cimjvo and lujvo place structure rants impede Lojban development.

Note that Lojban became the first constructed language for which all available localization string have been translated.

Feedback is more than welcomed.

la gleki

Mar 18, 2015, 9:56:27 AM3/18/15
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Seems that on Linux once has to run the browser from the command line:
"LANGUAGE=jbo vivaldi"

la gleki

Dec 22, 2015, 9:35:38 AM12/22/15
to lojban

On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 7:42:03 PM UTC+3, la gleki wrote:
A lot of time has passed. Since the initial posting the community has done a lot to improve the translation.

Some interesting issues have been discovered and solved.

Feel free to upgrade to the latest beta release.

E.g. the current version is 1.0.357.5.

Notice that the search field now displays {sisku fa'o Bing} (or whatever search engine you use as the default).

Gleki Arxokuna

Mar 9, 2016, 10:59:22 AM3/9/16
to loj...@googlegroups.com

A lot of time has passed. Since the initial posting the community has done a lot to improve the translation.

You can read and download one of the latest versions in this spreadsheet:

Of course, I'm ready to discuss and apply new fixes that you can notice.
Speakers of Lojban can join the localization team directly on transifex.com