Easy, medium, difficult

Timothy Lawrence

Jul 2, 2015, 10:53:37 PM7/2/15
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com

Are these translations correct (in the context of describing the difficulty of a task)?

easy = frili

medium = cnano

difficult = nandu

In jbovlaste, "medium" also didn't have the definition I hoped for. Eventually I tried "average" and I think "cnano" is what I was looking for, so perhaps it could also be linked to the English word "medium".

Is scalar modification preferred?

Thanks

Gleki Arxokuna

Jul 3, 2015, 1:54:47 AM7/3/15
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com

Are these translations correct (in the context of describing the difficulty of a task)?

easy = frili

medium = cnano

difficult = nandu

it's a scale. {no'e frili} or {no'e nandu} would mean "medium in difficulty".
{cnano} means "to be normal, average" not necessarily in difficulty but you can also say
{cnano lo ka nandu} - "normal in its difficulty" or {cnano lo ka frili} - "normal in its easiness", not exactly what "medium" means.

In jbovlaste, "medium" also didn't have the definition I hoped for. Eventually I tried "average" and I think "cnano" is what I was looking for, so perhaps it could also be linked to the English word "medium".

Is scalar modification preferred?

i'd say so.

Thanks

Timothy Lawrence

Jul 3, 2015, 2:49:30 AM7/3/15
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com

Are these translations correct (in the context of describing the difficulty of a task)?

easy = frili

medium = cnano

difficult = nandu

it's a scale. {no'e frili} or {no'e nandu} would mean "medium in difficulty".
{cnano} means "to be normal, average" not necessarily in difficulty but you can also say
{cnano lo ka nandu} - "normal in its difficulty" or {cnano lo ka frili} - "normal in its easiness", not exactly what "medium" means.

Okay, thank you :)

I guess {cnano} should still be suitable in context, if all three were in a list together?