Extra Gismu?

loj...@fagricipni.com

Sep 20, 2015, 7:32:47 PM9/20/15
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
mi'e la fagri cipni

I have noticed on the page
https://mw.lojban.org/papri/Presenting_Lojban#Some_basic_features_of_Lojban
gives the number of "root words" as 1341. I am using an old
gismu.txt that I downloaded and I count either 1337 or 1342 depending
on whether I count the brod- series. Have new gismu been added or is
this simply a typo for 1342. I like to add any new gismu to the list
I will generate from gismu.txt.

mu'o mi'e la fagri cipni

Bob LeChevalier, President and Founder - LLG

Sep 21, 2015, 3:33:09 PM9/21/15
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
There have been no gismu officially added, but some people have proposed
ones for experimental purposes. While the gismu and cmavo lists were
baselined, they are on wiki pages and this has meant that people have
modified the baseline list without official authorization, but there is
relatively little that we can do about it at this point (we could put up
the old baseline list, but people would likely still modify it). It is
possible that experimental gismu that have been added are marked as
experimental in their definitions; I know that this has been done in the
cmavo list.

lojbab