How can you directly import an English name?

Stefan Alecu

Jan 13, 2016, 12:13:39 PM1/13/16
to Lojban Beginners
I want to say 'I play EUIV (Europa Universalis IV)', and I have {.i mi samyzilkeikei ...}, but I don't know how to deal with the last part. How would you do that?

Gleki Arxokuna

Jan 13, 2016, 12:27:08 PM1/13/16
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
mi kelci .ebu. .ubu. .ibu vy. boi noi du la'o zoi.Europa Universalis IV.zoi.

I want to say 'I play EUIV (Europa Universalis IV)', and I have {.i mi samyzilkeikei ...}, but I don't know how to deal with the last part. How would you do that?

Pierre Abbat

Jan 13, 2016, 12:32:21 PM1/13/16
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
That looks like Latin, not English, to me. If the "IV" is a Roman numeral, I'd
translate it as "von". For the rest, I'd say "la .evropas.universalis." or "la
.evropam.universalem.". "eu" is not a diphthong in Lojban, so we have to do
something with it. "Euskal Herria" I rendered as ".auskalerik." ('k' appears
in several Basque endings).

What do you mean by "play"? It can be translated as "kelci", "tigni", or
"javni" for different senses.

Pierre
--
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.