Ramblings on Red Hair

loj...@fagricipni.com

Oct 3, 2015, 2:08:13 PM10/3/15
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
mi'e la fagri cipni

I don't know if I can do this but, I think:
.i mi se ke xunre kerfa [ke'e]
I have red hair.

I'm not sure that the se-series can be used on a ke...ke'e grouping.
I am dissatisfied with "mi xunre se kerfa" because it says that "I am
a red possessor-of hair", which does not make it as clear that my
hair is the thing that is red. "xunre kerfa" should mean "x1 is red
hair of x2 on body part x3" -- I know that even that doesn't quite
say that the red refers to the hair being red, but it seems better
than "xunre se kerfa" to me.

.i tu'a mi rinka lo za'i lo kerfa be mi ku xunre binxo
I cause my hair to become red. (This is my way of saying that I dye
my hair.)

.i mi nelci lo li'i mi se kerfa lo xunre
I like the experience of my hair being red.

mu'o mi'e la fagri cipni

Ilmen

Oct 3, 2015, 2:17:19 PM10/3/15
On 03/10/2015 20:08, loj...@fagricipni.com wrote:
> mi'e la fagri cipni
>
> I don't know if I can do this but, I think:
> .i mi se ke xunre kerfa [ke'e]
> I have red hair.
drani

mi'e la .ilmen. mu'o

Pierre Abbat

Oct 6, 2015, 8:44:24 PM10/6/15
On Saturday, October 03, 2015 14:08:11 loj...@fagricipni.com wrote:
> mi'e la fagri cipni
>
> I don't know if I can do this but, I think:
> .i mi se ke xunre kerfa [ke'e]
> I have red hair.
>
> I'm not sure that the se-series can be used on a ke...ke'e grouping.
> I am dissatisfied with "mi xunre se kerfa" because it says that "I am
> a red possessor-of hair", which does not make it as clear that my
> hair is the thing that is red. "xunre kerfa" should mean "x1 is red
> hair of x2 on body part x3" -- I know that even that doesn't quite
> say that the red refers to the hair being red, but it seems better
> than "xunre se kerfa" to me.

"mi se ke xunre kerfa" is correct.

> .i tu'a mi rinka lo za'i lo kerfa be mi ku xunre binxo
> I cause my hair to become red. (This is my way of saying that I dye
> my hair.)

Okay, but I would say the shorter "mi skagau loi kerfa lo ka xunre".

> .i mi nelci lo li'i mi se kerfa lo xunre
> I like the experience of my hair being red.

This could mean that you like someone unspecified's experience of you having
red hair. To specify that it's your experience, you can say "mi nelci lo li'i
mi se kerfa lo xunre kei be mi".

mu'o mi'e la .piier. noi skagau loi mi kerfa sepi'o lo me'andi
--
lo ponse be lo mruli ku po'o cu ga'ezga roda lo ka dinko