LOD in the Performing Arts Domain

Estermann Beat

Apr 28, 2016, 2:59:42 AM4/28/16
to lod...@googlegroups.com

Dear list members,

Is any of you aware of any LOD implementations or ontologies in the performing arts domain?

We are presently working together with the Swiss Theatre Archive in order to map their performing arts databases (repertory databases and finding aids for performing arts related material) onto existing ontologies and to complement aspects that haven’t been covered yet so far by existing ontologies.

I would be happy about any pointers to existing projects or people active in this area.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Beat Estermann

Beat Estermann
Deputy Head of the “Open & Linked Data” Unit

Berne University of Applied Sciences
E-Government Institute
Brückenstrasse 73

CH-3005 Bern

beat.es...@bfh.ch
www.e-government.bfh.ch

Phone +41 31 848 34 38

Kathryn Greenhill

Apr 28, 2016, 3:13:39 AM4/28/16
to lod...@googlegroups.com
Is the Data Scope for Aus Stage of interest at all? http://ausstage.edu.au/pages/learn/about/data-scope.html

They have a listing of a set of controlled vocabularies (not ontologies) at the end of this page but it is not apparent what they are using... It may be worth contacting them further if this is of interest  http://ausstage.edu.au/pages/learn/about/data-models.html

Cheers,
Kathryn

http://KathrynGreenhill.com
~~~~
Fremantle, Western Australia.
~~~~

Maarten Brinkerink

Apr 28, 2016, 3:23:20 AM4/28/16
to lod...@googlegroups.com
Linked Jazz project?

Estermann Beat

Apr 28, 2016, 3:26:33 AM4/28/16
to lod...@googlegroups.com

Dear Kathryn,

Thanks a lot for the pointer! Yes, they have pretty much the same scope. We’ll look into it in more detail. From what I have seen at a first glimpse, this will be very helpful indeed!

Beat

Terhi Nurmikko-Fuller

Apr 28, 2016, 9:47:30 AM4/28/16
to Linked Open Data in Libraries, Archives, & Museums
Hi,

We used ontologies and LOD  to put together a multimedia resource capturing a live performance of Wagner's Ring Cycle - this paper of ours from ISMIR also mentions a few other projects that might be of interest?

Thanks,
Terhi