Invitation to participate in Knowledge organization research study

Ingrid Mason

Nov 6, 2017, 12:11:25 AM11/6/17
to lod...@googlegroups.com
** apologies for cross-posting **

On Nov 2, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Diane Vizine-Goetz <viz...@OCLC.ORG> wrote:

Posted on behalf of Athena Salaba

----- Invitation text ------

Subject: Invitation to participate in Knowledge organization research study

With apologies for cross-posting, please see below for information regarding a research study. Please forward as appropriate. Thank you for the consideration!
----

Hello,

My name is Athena Salaba, a faculty member in the Information School at Kent State University researching intercultural awareness and competence of information professionals who create and maintain knowledge organization systems (KOS), such as controlled vocabularies, authority records, and classification schemas, or implement/use them in metadata creation. Therefore, I'm inviting you to participate in a survey on this topic. The survey should take only about 20 - 25 minutes to complete. There are no right or wrong answers to the questions; I'm just looking for information professionals’ perceptions and experiences.

If you are willing to participate, simply email my research assistant, Ariel Bacon [aba...@kent.edu] and write:
1.    "Intercultural Survey Info" in the subject line
2.    Your institution type (to help us ensure diversity of institutions represented in the study)
3.    Your role as KOS creator, KOS implementer/user in metadata creation, or both (to help us ensure balanced representation of information professionals’ roles)

My research assistant, Ariel Bacon, will then reply to you with links to the two-part survey, a user name, and password. Since I am limited by the cost of the surveys, please email your willingness for participation to Ariel at aba...@kent.edu by November 13, 2017.

At the completion of the data collection period, we will have a drawing for one Tablet. You will be given a choice to add your name to the drawing.

If you have questions about the research, contact me, Athena Salaba, at asa...@kent.edu. Or you may contact Kent State University's Institutional Review Board at 330-672-2704.

Thank you very much for your help with this research project!

Best regards,

Athena Salaba, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
School of Information, Kent State University

--- end of invitation text ---

"unsubscribe FACETVOC-L" to unsubscribe;
"set FACETVOC-L digest" to receive FACETVOC-L in digest form;
"set FACETVOC-L nomail" to set your options to no mail;
"set FACETVOC-L  mail" to restart your mail.

"unsubscribe FACETVOC-L" to unsubscribe; "set FACETVOC-L digest" to receive FACETVOC-L in digest form; "set FACETVOC-L nomail" to set your options to no mail; "set FACETVOC-L mail" to restart your mail. You may also subscribe or unsubscribe to other OCLC mailing lists at https://www.oclc.org/forms/internet-subscription.en.html. To contact the list owners directly please send your message to FACETVOC-L-request@OCLCLISTS.ORG