Announcement: ULAN is now available as Linked Open Data

jc...@getty.edu

Apr 30, 2015, 8:41:43 AM4/30/15
to lod...@googlegroups.com

We are very pleased to announce that the Ulan List of Artist Names (ULAN)â has joined the Art and Architecture Thesaurus (AAT)â and The Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN)® as Linked Open Data. All three are now available at http://vocab.getty.edu under an Open Data Commons Attribution License (ODC BY 1.0). There you will find not only our SPARQL endpoint, but also links to our updated documentation and links for downloading the full datasets and more.

The official announcement was made this morning by Jim Cuno, the President and CEO of the Getty – http://blogs.getty.edu/iris/getty-union-list-of-artist-names-ulan-linked-open-data

Very recently we have established a public discussion forum that we hope the community will use to ask questions, discuss issues, and share examples of how they are using the LOD publication in their work. This is also where we will announce any updates or planned maintenance. If you would like to join this forum, you can do so by sending an email to gettyvocabl...@googlegroups.com.