Re: [Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] Let’s step-up Johnson's marketing: My campaign redesign!

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jul 21, 2016, 3:04:13 AM7/21/16
to Scott Barmby, lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org, Brian Thiemer, tbr...@ca.lp.org, Aaron...@lp.org, Arvin Vohra, Daniel Hayes, Mike Sertic, jtil...@lpsac.org, Jeffrey...@lp.org, Sam Goldstein
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your message and interest in helping with Gary Johnson's website. I did check out your Dropbox link, but I confess the redesign doesn't really do much for me. I'm not saying the current website does either, but the color schemes and so on look rather conservative and establishment-oriented, nothing cool and inspiring like the "Live Free" logo of 2012. I'm also not a big fan of eagle imagery for our party, as I think it tends to evoke a war-hawk type of symbolism.

All this may be moot however, as the design of Gary Johnson's website is really in the hands of the campaign and something that the Libertarian National Committee has very little to do with. Some of us would like to see more use of the word "libertarian" in his campaign materials, but your version doesn't appear to fix that issue. Certainly you're welcome to contact the campaign directly and offer your services – preferably describing exactly what is being offered and how much money is being requested – but I wouldn't expect too much when they presumably have their hands full and already face a big deficit in funds in terms of competing with The CLUMP (Clinton/Trump). If this is more than just a job opportunity to you though, there are plenty of Libertarian candidates running low-budget down-ticket campaigns who I'm sure could use your assistance to help get the word out. Like most LP activists, including everyone on the LNC, most of them are volunteers who are making sacrifices to do the activist work that they do.

Love & Liberty,
                                    ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
                        RealR...@earthlink.net
                                  (415) 625-FREE

P.S. - Dr. Marc Feldman sadly passed away last month; I've removed his name from the message header.

On Jul 10, 2016, at 11:44 AM, Scott Barmby wrote:

Dear LP Members & Leadership,

My name is Scott Barmby and I’m a graphic designer from Sacramento, Ca. I hold a B.S. in graphic design from Sacramento State and since then I’ve worked for various local PR firms and web development firms. The type of work I usually do is corporate web design and political advertising.

I have noticed since Gary won the nomination some decent efforts have been made to increase the quality of Gary Johnson’s campaign website. That being said, In my expert opinion, the site still lacks a sense of professionalism, it does not visually represent Gary’s ideas, and lacks a clear vision.

But all is not lost, in my time after work I decided to do a complete rebrand of the Johnson Weld campaign. Right now it’s only the home page of the website and a custom designed logo, which I feel is close to on par with Obama’s and Hillary's. It’s a visual representation of the shield in front of the eagle in the U.S. Seal, but with a J and W hidden in it’s negative space. I believe this shows how Gary is a defender of Liberty. I posted this on facebook and it’s gotten a very good response from everyone I’ve shown. In fact the supporters on his fb page told me to get in touch with the LP about it.

Please take a look at my included dropbox link. I have put a lot of time and thought into this and I guarantee it’ll be worth it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwgic6jhda4rvmv/johnson_site_v3-01.jpg?dl=0

If the LP and campaign were ever to decide to utilize my vision, I have drupal web developers that can crack this out. Personally, I’m willing to take a pay cut to help the LP, but I would have to pay my developers.

Even if you don’t want to or can’t use this, please get back to me because I’ll just keep trying harder to get this design in front of the people that can make decisions. I really want Gary Johnson to have the tools he needs to bring more Americans back to the ideas liberty.

Sincerely,
Scott Barmby